Hacking Get your Nintendo Switch Custom Themes here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You've got some quality themes there but I'm still in love with this Star Wars theme I found on the BigN Share Discord by a user called MarkAstur:
2018102615463800-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2018102601274500-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

2018102615401300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2018102615400400-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Maybe it's what you're looking for.

By the way: Does anybody know if 6.0/6.1 themes still work on 6.2?
HELL YES!!!!! thank you so much for showing me

Reactions: lordelan

zahimi

GBAtemp theme maker extraordinarie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I added Batman The Telltale Series + ABZU.
cant add more images to the first post so i will just update it here.
ENJOY!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want suggestions, here's mine:

Skies of Arcadia; Solatorobo; LEGO Worlds (or, being LEGO, anything LEGO); Endless Ocean (or its sequel, Blue World); Ever Oasis; Abzú; XBC2: Torna; Full Metal Panic; Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana; Lanota; VOEZ; DEEMO; and Twilight Princess (or, if you like My Little Ponies, Princess Twilight).

Note - this not a request. You asked for suggestions, so I listed some. If I were to make a request, pretty much anything from SoA to Abzú would be pretty neat. Take your pick I guess? Or ignore me entirely. That's perfectly acceptable as well (I plan on making my own themes eventually anyway). Mouser X over and out.

ABZU DONE!

These theme topics always need more Batman.

Batman The Telltale Series DONE!

Attachments

• capture (23).jpg
    capture (23).jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 301
  • capture (24).jpg
    capture (24).jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 308

arcsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kirby Star Allies would be great!

Some other games I can think of:

ARMS
Deemo
Taiko no Tatsujin
Mario KArt 8 Deluxe
Megaman Legacy Collection

Reactions: zahimi

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for creating and sharing themes with everyone.
too bad the Qcean team worked on an easy legal auto-theme sharing system nobody is using.
you could just add a public link for each theme and every users would get the layeredFS files legally. of course, it requires the user to dump its files first, maybe it's too complicated compared to sharing illegal pre-packed themes? everyone go to the easy path, that's just too bad. they worked on it for nothing.

Last edited by Cyan,

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for creating and sharing themes with everyone.
too bad the Qcean team worked on an easy legal auto-theme sharing system nobody is using.
you could just add a public link for each theme and every users would get the layeredFS files legally. of course, it requires the user to dump its files first, maybe it's too complicated compared to sharing illegal pre-packed themes? everyone go to the easy path, that's just too bad. they worked on it for nothing.
I would gladly use it, but considering how difficult it is to find an actual repository of Switch themes, there's apparently not any alternatives. Yes, there's Discord, but that's an extended list. It's not easy to navigate. You have to scroll through everything, individually, instead of groups.

Now that they've made the tool(s?), they need an actual centralized repository to store, and share, the themes. Don't they have a website or something? I'd GLADLY use that over Discord. The current method is, to me, a disorganised mess. :( Mouser X over out.

Reactions: osaka35

zahimi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kirby Star Allies would be great!

Some other games I can think of:

ARMS
Deemo
Taiko no Tatsujin
Mario KArt 8 Deluxe
Megaman Legacy Collection

Great suggestions here.
I will definitly do kirby. And mario kart. And a megaman game.
Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

would love to get a tomb raider theme from 1 to chronicles if possible

conkers bad fur day theme would be nice

Please read my first post about only making switch games themes for now. Thank you.

Reactions: Space_Man_Ed

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
they need an actual centralized repository to store, and share, the themes.
I agree that they could have some sort of repository on their website too.
currently, GBAtemp made necessary changed in order to direct link themes to GBAtemp's download center.
example : https://gbatemp.net/download/gbatemp-theme.35263/
it has an auto-theme link. if you click on it, it generated the layeredFS files.

the end user only need to setup the Qcean website once (to put necessary files in temporary webapp cache). once done, all links are autogenerating layeredFS. I thought it was very easy : link -> click -> download.
but nobody post their auto-theme link.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nice themse. was wondering why they are limited to fm6 and above?
What's the reason for not being on 6.x? That's why theme creators are aiming for that FW.
If your question was technically: Themes from 5.x don't work on 6.x so you would have to create them for both as a theme creator.
Which leads to my question above: Why is it neccesary to do anything for 5.x when everyone can update to 6.x using ChoiDujourNX without real disadvantages?

Reactions: zahimi

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
why feel the need to ask a question on top of one? just curious why they only work on specific firmware. i didnt ask what firmware do you think i should be on. thanks for your answer though i guess :)

Reactions: lordelan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's only 6 because he doesn't want to bother downgrading his console to extract a 5.x firmware file.
instead of providing the legal dds he chose to provide his own pre-patched files (6.x).

if he shared the dds (and used auto-theme), then 5.x or 6.x would be selected by the user, and he wouldn't have to create 2 different packages.
I understand that end users don't want to bother with extracting their own firmware content.

I may sound rude, but I'm just stating the reality. that's just too bad to limit sharing to a specific firmware version and providing only pre packed binary files, instead of sharing the dds file.
Or, if you want to still share prepacked files, you can also share the dds here (or elsewhere) for users on other firmware versions to build their own.
that's also just too bad to be forced to keep files private because of legality, while you can share them openly.

personally, I'm still on 4.1, so I didn't try 5.x or 6.x themes yet.

note : sharing illegal file by providing a discord link is not allowed. I removed your link on first post.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: jammybudga777

zahimi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its not for 5 because I cant test 5.
And you should realy update to 6.1.
Everything works fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I removed the link to your discord on the first post.
we can't allow links to direct users to where they can find illegal content. That would be like giving a discord channel where to download ROMs.

I can only invite you to share your dds files if you want to stay clean and keep this thread active.
if you can, you could provide direct links to auto-themes to make things easier for the end users.

auto theme is a link to Qcean website, with the path to the dds file in the URL which will fill the form automatically and dynamically get the dds file from the url. the end user don't need to download and re-upload the dds file to generate a theme.

but the auto-theme link is not required, just the dds is enough, just more complicated (need to copy/paste dds url manually)

Last edited by Cyan,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast