Hacking gepatch amazing find (pre-built into adrenaline)

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rlZkyzh.jpg

HmT4cdH.jpg

Sharp Graphics near ge-patch, or same quality, and the "white line" at the top of Castlevania sotn in Dracula X Chronicles (opening scene after you defeat dracula in the very beginning of the game, running through the forest).

that is also reported in the ge-patch compatibility list in the ace combat game (as an error center screen two white lines)

Using the following settings specifically, in adrenaline on the pstv/vita:

Graphics Filtering ... Advanced AA
Smooth Graphics ... No
Screen Scale ... X ... 1.900
Screen Scale ... Y ... 1.900

(sharp scale is also enabled::"fitted"//"point"

Given the quality, its nearly the same or the same as using ge-patch, minus any graphic errors or slow FPS.

Some people online compared "gepatch" to "Advanced AA", viewed it as the same thing, but never clarified what they saw, or did. I think this is what they had in view.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advanced AA without smoothing is kind of a sharpening filter. Its neat and it runs perfectly but it's also nowhere near the double resolution offered by GePatch.

AFAIK sharpscale isn't actually enabled when using Advanced AA though. Adrenaline filter must be set to Original to use sharpscale.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Must be placebo effect, because Sharpscale only activate in Original setting, and it also disable Screen scale when it work.
Advance AA and many filter in Adrenaline has a little bug that they do not have effect at 2.000 orignal scale, but they show effect when change that ratio.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must be placebo effect, because Sharpscale only activate in Original setting, and it also disable Screen scale when it work.
Advance AA and many filter in Adrenaline has a little bug that they do not have effect at 2.000 orignal scale, but they show effect when change that ratio.

Eh I see a difference at 2.0. Not sure its a bug either, scaling can work very different when it's a perfect 2x integer scale and when its not. Like sharp bilinear w/out scanlines, its doing exactly what you would expect from the algorithm at 2.0 (nothing) vs 1.95. (blur)

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Eh I see a difference at 2.0. Not sure its a bug either, scaling can work very different when it's a perfect 2x integer scale and when its not. Like sharp bilinear w/out scanlines, its doing exactly what you would expect from the algorithm at 2.0 (nothing) vs 1.95. (blur)
Must be my misunderstand of the algorithm, since some only show clear effect when i change the scale. Thanks for explaining

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(original psp .................. production was discontinued, some games were still being made, then a series of bad homebrew, and firmware released ................ discouraging new users versus the competition which doesn't have a lot going on for it)

(PSP VITA ............. production is discontinued, some games released .............. bad homebrew like "imcunlock", which bricks units ............. and gepatch .......... now all the new users of the vita interested in psp have the choice of blurr, or broken game mechanics)

Adrenaline had filters added, that tinkered with the resolution, and removed the "blurr" .............. many users don't know about that............and many users are not setting things up correctly to see the difference ............... "gepatch" is a good idea, its not the vita native res, drivers or modules are not motified ........... its double the res of adrenaline in the relative same capacity of one of the filters already existing in adrenaline. Many people may want to just enjoy their games in a better way, and there is a better way just read the OP.

"gepatch" just isn't working out for you then, you are in the right place. I'm probably the biggest vita fanboy, especially when it comes to "class of heroes".

just saying that "gepatch" may of dropped too early, but that anticipation leads to a lot of disappointment, just view how quickly the compatibility list was almost completely filled out less then 48 hours after "gepatch" was released!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GePatch the fix is so simple it's almost ridiculous that people don't do this simple basic Trick with GePatch... Or that it's not been said a million times already on here or Reddit.... Hold my beer...

Load your psp game with adrenaline without GePatch on make a save state!
Turn GePatch back on and load the Save State.. Works on Manhunt 2 Uncensored... The Godfather... Ect ect... The same games on the Flows spreadsheet saying they crash on start up...
That's it.. Enjoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on