Homebrew Gen Plus GX

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I will be happy only to know if it still work in progress, eke eke is very proficient guy, we could have an official release only when everything works perfect
smile.gif

eke eke still working on it right?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
this or this ?

... is awful imo.. don't call this HD as they used to do with those XBLA retro releases
those are destructive filters, best result with those emulators using the original mode and a CRT TV

the genesis plus also has a NTSC filter, which is quite good at reproducing the original feeling, did you try it ?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you dont think hq2x looks better? play secret of mana with it on either soft or hard mode it looks fantastic. and yes i use the bi-linear filter in genx but it could look better like hq2x does.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I think it's because you have a HDTV/LCD thing
yes, original mode looks like crap on these ones but I can garantee you that original mode + SDTV is the real shit, looks exactly like my old SNES, no need for blurry or weird filter effects

but I guess HQ2X is useful for such TV so it should be included yes, as it seems to be the best software filter available for magnification

about genesis plus, I was talking about the NTSC filter, not the bilinear filter, it's a software filter that magnificates the original image and also emulates some of the NTSC artefacts (like color blending and rainbow effect)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but i dont want it to look like the original snes/genesis i want it to look better. hq2x sort of does this but the downside is it slows the emulation down sometimes a lot in some games. but it definitely enhances the look of some games you have to see what mana looks like on my tv to believe it with the enhancement.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.