GEN-C to 3.70 m33?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Yanazake, Mar 26, 2010.

Mar 26, 2010

GEN-C to 3.70 m33? by Yanazake at 2:12 AM (1,632 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Just a question... I have the CFW GEN-C running with MHUspeed3... I'd like to know if I can just try to stop it [turn the psp off, and then on again] and run MHU to try to change my CFW to the new M33 version.

Is it safe to do so? do I need to do something specific for that? can I change back and forth between the two?

2. Tear

Newcomer Tear Member

Brazil
    Primeiro, eu sei que tu é no nds br XD
    Segundo, não existe m33 pra desbloqueio parcial. Os caras do CFWEnabler fizeram uma homenagem ao dark alex e colocaram isso no final só pra complicar as coisas. Depois eles consertaram, tanto que na versão 3.70 do CFWEnabler fica MHU no final.
    Só não pode esquecer de desisntalar o GEN quando for instalar o outro, e vice-versa.
    Outra coisa, já rodou o pspident no seu psp pra saber se vc tem a placa do capeta? Acabei de ver na sua assiantura que vc tem o 2000...

And I'm too lazy to translate to english, sorry guys... And there it is

First, I know you're from nds br XD
    Second, there is no oficial m33 version for partial CFW. Xenogears and Becus25 (CFWEnabler) made a tribute do dark alex and it just made it more complicated... After that, they changed it, now their version is MHU.
    You have to uninstall GEN to install CFWEnabler, and the other way around.
    Another thing, have you run pspident to identify yout motherboard? I just noticed you have a psp 2000...

3. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

First, I know you are in br nds XD
    Second, there is m33 pra PSP 3000. The guys from CFWEnabler made a tribute to dark alex and put it in the end just to complicate things. Once they have, so that in version 3.70 of CFWEnabler MHU is the end.
    Just can not forget GEN uninstalled when installing the other, and vice versa.
    Another thing, have already run the pspident on your psp to know if you have the card of the devil? I just saw in your obtaining written that you have the 2000 ...
    (google translate)

4. Tear

Newcomer Tear Member

Brazil
    I was editing, have made some mistakes. Thanks anyway [​IMG]

5. Yanazake
    OP

Brazil
    Then... what does this mean? O___o with chickhen and so on... seems pretty much like semi-hack to me.

Code:
    http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-enabler-3-70-released-cfwenabler/

6. sword414

Member sword414 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    thats just normal mhu. 5.03 gen c is much better.

7. Yanazake
    OP

Brazil
    But from what I've heard, it can run different games from GEN-C. I wanted to play Tales of the World, so I was just curious.
    Either way, I'll start looking for a patch...

8. Tear

Newcomer Tear Member

Brazil
    Yeah, the internal decrypter sometimes is a pain to work with some old games...
    Try to patch the game with eboot exchange v2.8, it worked for me with Riviera [​IMG]

9. Rucario

Newcomer Rucario Member

Brazil
    I'll give an enphasis to what Tear said: have you checked if your PSP's mother board is TA-88v3. I mean, if it isn't, you could just install 5.00M33-6 or 5.50 GEN-D on it.

10. Yanazake
    OP

Brazil
    If it wasn't, I sure wouldn't have bothered asking anything ChickHEN/MHUspeed3 related XD

But yeah, patches do the trick... or configurations may also do xD