Hacking Gecko os question

chaosdestro0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am using flatmii to load my backups, in the options it has a option to force the region too pal etc, However some cheat codes only work on ntsc so I am wondering if I can force it too Ntsc or do I actually need to use a Ntsc disk?

This is the menu

xarvqt.jpg

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You'll need the NTSC-Disc, or the codes need to be ported to PAL. Generally, Cheat-Codes always only work for the game that they were created for (look at the ID).

Forcing a game to NTSC/PAL/Whatever doesn't change the values that the Cheats are addressing, which are sometimes/often different from the PAL/NTSC-J/Whatever-Version. Though, I've already experienced that some Codes worked on the PAL-Version, eventhough they were meant for the NTSC-One. It depends on the game, and could probably create Side-Effects (Save Corruption), so I wouldn't recommend to try it, because Chances that it will work are small anyways.

chaosdestro0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well Il get my mate to send me his spare Ntsc disk, and gecko os removes the region protection right, So if he sends me his Ntsc disk the codes should work completely fine?

Also I am wondering what hook type do I need to use, is it dependent on the game?

Edit:I am using a pal console, I understand gecko removes Region Protection completly so it should work right?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
chaosdestro0 said:
Ok well Il get my mate to send me his spare Ntsc disk, and gecko os removes the region protection right, So if he sends me his Ntsc disk the codes should work completely fine?

Also I am wondering what hook type do I need to use, is it dependent on the game?

Edit:I am using a pal console, I understand gecko removes Region Protection completly so it should work right?
Yes, it should work. About the Hooktype: Unless the creator of the Cheats doesn't mention that you need to use a special Hooktype, VBI was/is always the best choice for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.