Gecko OS Code Problem...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Skeet1983, Feb 13, 2013.

Feb 13, 2013

Gecko OS Code Problem... by Skeet1983 at 8:36 PM (912 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Member Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    When I use Gecko OS, it works with most games fine except for Kirby Return to Dreamland. It freezes after title screen and also when in the ship. The only update I remember happening to system recently was the Miiverse update, could that be the conflict? I only use Gecko OS for cheats. Please help if possible :)

2. Ratmonkey

Newcomer Ratmonkey Member

United States
    Did it work before and is now freezing? or every time you've tried it you get freezing? I ask because a lot of the time game freezes come from a bad rip. My first suggestion would be to re-rip the game if you own the copy or "acquire it from other means" if you got it another way.

3. Skeet1983
    OP

United States
    It did work before and if I remember, it was before the Wii U Miiverse update. My copy of game is legit retail disc.

4. megazig

Member megazig SU

United States
    kirby has a protection scheme to check for modifications iirc.

5. Skeet1983
    OP

United States
    Any way I can keep this from happening? I only use Gecko OS for cheats and only 2 are activated for that game...

6. Skeet1983
    OP

United States
    I downloaded the Metafortress fix which was a text file. I placed it at root of SD and named it "gameconfig". Gecko OS still says SD Patch File not found or something like that... Any thoughts what I can do? Gecko OS version is 1.9.3.1 and I have a Wii U.

7. Skeet1983
    OP

United States
    Anyone know how I go about using the Metafortress disable through the gameconfig txt file? Where do I put it on my SD card and how to enable the file? Please help and thanks :)