Homebrew GCMM 1.1

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT2: 0.2 should work fine (tested with dolphin)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x6lnkxr3hmescit

EDIT: This has been reported as not working, I'll look into it.

I've written a little application by request, GCpadder. It will make a raw image bigger (a 59 blocks image can be converted to 251, 1019 or 2043 blocks). You should be able to use the new image with devolution, have your savegames and extra space without the need of copying savegames to a bigger card image.

Also, if combined with GCheader, you can use it to write a raw image of a card to another card of bigger size. (Use gcpadder in the raw you want to restore, then gcheader to insert the destination's card header to the raw).

---------------------------
GCPadder 0.2 by suloku 2012
---------------------------

Usage:

GCPadder.exe image.raw size[251|1019|2043]
If no size is specified the image will be padded to the next card size

You can drag and drop a raw image to gcpadder.exe and a card of the next size will be generated (if you drag a 59 blocks card you'll get one of 251; if it has 251 you get 1019 and if it has 1019 you get 2043)

example:

"gcpadder.exe mycardimageof59blocks.raw 2043" will create a 2043 blocks card
"gcpadder.exe mmycardimageof251blocks.raw" will create a 1019 blocks cards

Changelog

0.2:
- 0.1 didn't work at all because fat tables weren't updated to the new size

0.1:
- initial release

Reactions: 2 people

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could be a problem with gcpadder if the raw image contains a locked save like F-Zero GX? And corrupt that save?

No, it shouldn't be a problem, but 0.1 doesn't work because it doesn't fix some checksums and the freeblocks of the fat table on the memory card. Maybe this noon I'll have it fixed if I have time.

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GCpadder 0.2 is up in above's post, works fine with dolphin

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I didn't notice the last one was mine

Reactions: 1 person

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, 1.3 is the same as that one, I just didn't have time to update everything at the same time

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've uploaded gcserial, gcheader, gcpadder and a new tool, mci2raw to a package.

I've changed the readme files to reflect newer information, and gcserial can now output the serial number of a memory card image (just drag and drop on the exe file).
mci2raw is a tool that converts mci images to raw and vice versa (mci is a format used by softdevs sdmc, a memory card manager for gamecube).

http://code.google.com/p/gcmm/wiki/Raw_Tools

Reactions: laz305

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A wild version appeared! Thanks to bm123456 and themanuel for beta testing and sugestions!

You can get GCMM 1.4 at its homepage! (http://code.google.com/p/gcmm/)

Most notable features are animated icons and being able to restore all gci files in MCBACKUP directory at once! So, finally GCMM has reached the level of SoftDev's SDMC (aside from his code being a gazillion times better probably), which has been my goal since 2008. GCMM even animates Luigi's Mansion/Pikmin icon correctly, which sdmc doesn't, yay!

I guess this is almost surely the last version. Let's hope we get all this functionality in Savegame Manager GX some day.

Changelog:
Code:
[What's New 1.4 - october 08, 2012 - By suloku]
* Animated icon alongside several (minor) graphical improvements
* Ability to select SD Gecko slot in GameCube mode (just like Wii mode SD/USB prompt)
* Moved "Backup All" to Backup Mode (press R/1 when in Backup Mode)
* Added an analog "Restore All" in Restore Mode (overwriting is supported)
* Shows filename when prompted to overwrite (also in "Restore All")
* Savegame permisions are shown in a more explicit and user friendly way
* Shows memory card freeblocks
* Page number display in file selector
* Left and right now scroll 5 file entries at once
* Scrolling of file entries can be done holding the button (up/down/left/right)
* Added security checks to Raw Restore Mode
* Added some special characters to the font (needed for savegame comments)
* Minor code tweaks

Lots of thanks to bm123456 and themanuel for beta testing and support!

By the way, lpfaint has been working in dolphin's memory card manager, he has added a resize feature, you can oversize/shrink memory card images

Reactions: 2 people

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgot to mention that I'm looking for japanese F-zero/PSO saves, so if someone has the jap versions of the game and cand send me the saves I'd really appreciate it. Even better if they can test to restore them into another card and see if they work!

Subotnik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suloku, a Japanese Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus savegame can be found here:

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~cairocamel/gamecube_saves.html

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just tested the Japanesse F-Zero, the save has the same filename and offsets for serial and checksum, so GCMM and dolphin can transfer the savegame with no problems.

Suloku, a Japanese Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus savegame can be found here:

http://web.onetel.ne...cube_saves.html

Thank you! I don't have the japanesse game, but maybe I can make it load on my pal game and see if the serial and checksum are at the same place. If it does, PSOIII will probably work too

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention that I'm looking for japanese F-zero/PSO saves, so if someone has the jap versions of the game and cand send me the saves I'd really appreciate it. Even better if they can test to restore them into another card and see if they work!

Yeah the way I understand Gamecube (which could be inaccurate)... Nintendo's memory manager won't allow save operations between japanese and non-japanese memory card formats.
If for example you play japanese games on a non-japanese console, any data created will be on a non-japanese card. So their files can't normally be used while playing the game on an actual japanese console or moved/copied to japanese cards.

suloku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that japanesse charachters ocuppy 2 bytes while roman ones ocuppy only 1 byte.

Anyway, I got my hands on japanesse versions of the games. I messed up with the PSO3 patch for dolphin, but f-zero and PSO1&2 plus (v 1.05) work normally, I still need to confirm PSO3 and PSO1&2 (v 1.0), but I guess they'll work.

About non japanesse consoles and JAP games, probably making an image of the card, putting it on dolphin and loading a japanesse game so it formats the card with SJIS encoding, and then you restore this image to your card will allow you to use that card on japanesse consoles, even if yours is not JAP.

I remember playing Battle Stadium D.O.N in a non jap console, but I don't really remember what happened to the card nor the savegame... I can only think that the game formatted my card and I didn't notice, then another game formatted it again...

Do you happen know what happens exactly?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is terrific, thank you for your continuing work with this app. I'm really excited about the ZeldaTPConverter and can't wait to try it out. I've seen other success stories I'll post an edit with my file and see how it works.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that japanesse charachters ocuppy 2 bytes while roman ones ocuppy only 1 byte.

Anyway, I got my hands on japanesse versions of the games. I messed up with the PSO3 patch for dolphin, but f-zero and PSO1&2 plus (v 1.05) work normally, I still need to confirm PSO3 and PSO1&2 (v 1.0), but I guess they'll work.

About non japanesse consoles and JAP games, probably making an image of the card, putting it on dolphin and loading a japanesse game so it formats the card with SJIS encoding, and then you restore this image to your card will allow you to use that card on japanesse consoles, even if yours is not JAP.

I remember playing Battle Stadium D.O.N in a non jap console, but I don't really remember what happened to the card nor the savegame... I can only think that the game formatted my card and I didn't notice, then another game formatted it again...

Do you happen know what happens exactly?

japan game problems are specific to each title.

Many games don't care about region and just save/load normally. Even right alongside saves from non-japan games.
Other games refuse to save/load, but do not cause data loss.
The worst games think there's a memory issue and delete everything.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've uploaded gcserial, gcheader, gcpadder and a new tool, mci2raw to a package.

I've changed the readme files to reflect newer information, and gcserial can now output the serial number of a memory card image (just drag and drop on the exe file).
mci2raw is a tool that converts mci images to raw and vice versa (mci is a format used by softdevs sdmc, a memory card manager for gamecube).

http://code.google.com/p/gcmm/wiki/Raw_Tools
Is there a guide to using this tool? So I got 2 raw files and extracted the hdr and want to place that hdr into the other raw file but don’t see how.

EDIT: ok found this but am stuck at Step 3. Anybody know how?
https://code.google.com/archive/p/gcmm/wikis/Raw_Tools.wiki

Last edited by laz305,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi