GC Backup Loader: Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ZeroResist, Aug 25, 2009.

Aug 25, 2009
  1. ZeroResist
    OP

Newcomer ZeroResist Member

Canada
    I`ve searched and thought for this to be the proper place to post this, so here goes.

I downloaded the (PAL) Spanish version of Resident Evil 2 as an ISO (Since it was the only one available). My Wii is NTSC-U for reference.
    Now, in short, the game would not boot properly with either 0.1, 0.1Xi, or 0.2 using ANY of the boot methods (Patched mIOS, Force NTSC and such)
    What I believe messed it up was that the only thing I did differently with this ISO than any other is that before burning it using IMGburn onto a DVD-R,
    is that I used the `Multigame ISO Creator` and set the Region to `USA` and created it, then burned it. The only reason that I did this, was because I had read on the ´GC Backup Compatibility List` that this was recommended for some games. I hadn`t done this with other ISOs and they worked fine.
    Now, when I actually tried to boot this game, for 0.1 and 0.1Xi, no matter which boot setting I chose, the game would load and proceed properly, but No Signal would be transmitted to the TV (A blue screen was shown on my TV, indicating No Signal).
    Now, when booting with 0.2, every boot method (Including Force NTSC) would load the game, but in Black-and-White.

Based on all the above, is the problem that I used the Multigame ISO Creator when it was not necessary?
    Should I just re-burn it?
    Or could it be a different problem?

Sorry for such a long post, and thank you for any help on this minor problem.

UPDATE: I`m just going to find a USA ISO of the game and re-burn. This can be locked. Thanks.