GBATemp Stream Weekend Event #1: TF2 Server!

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This event was a failure.

We could not correctly create a server.

We will retry this event tomorrow, along with a Standalone streaming of Mother 3 and possibly other things.

I am sincerely sorry.

personuser

In the future , we hope to notify GBATemp of our streaming events sooner and ensure everything will correctly function. However, this week was very tight-scheduled for us. Apologies for this.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
personuser said:
IP: 192.168.1.45:27015
That is a LAN IP address, no one will be able to join unless they're connected to your local area network which I very much doubt anyone is.

Species8472

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The IP for your server is for your internal network. No one from the internet will be able to connect to it.
edit: It seems I was a few seconds late.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My god, this is embarassing.

I literally had to pull something out of nowhere for this weekend as I haven't heard too much from KirbyBoy and overall, things have been going nowhere.

BlackZeta will be attempting to make us a new server, I shall update this with the new IP/password when he gets it up and running.

I sincerely apologize.

Also, we tried hamachi. The server IPs were not the same.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is working.

We will regroup.

We will try tomorrow.

Tomorrow will include a TF2 stream and a standalone stream of Mother 3, plus anything KirbyBoy plans to go at. All future events will be preplanned and ensured working.

So sorry.

personuser

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I was gone so long (Father's Day Dinner Stuff)

For anyone wondering, what we were planning on doing was making a TF2Ware server, which is like Warioware but TF2 style. Guessing by the looks of things, making a server was harder than I thought.

We promise to have a server up by tomorrow.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Sorry I was gone so long (Father's Day Dinner Stuff)

For anyone wondering, what we were planning on doing was making a TF2Ware server, which is like Warioware but TF2 style. Guessing by the looks of things, making a server was harder than I thought.

We promise to have a server up by tomorrow.
YEEEEEEES
I love TF2ware. So fun (:3

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Our plan is to make the server use a password given here, to keep it temper-excusive, as if we didn't the slots would all be taken in a heartbeat by others wanting to play TF2ware. Something like what we did with Terraria last week with "hrth". The password itself will be the least of our troubles now though.

Having a hell of a time setting it up now as it's REALLY hard to do, but we're really going for it. We WILL get a TF2ware server up.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mezut360 said:
You should get HAMACHI
its awesome
We're using Dedicated Servers :/.

Which I already have, though i can't get tf2 unitl tomorrow, I'll probably be hosting, since my download finished before his and his is still at 70 percent more or less, so my computer can do a bit better.

The only pain in the ass is figuring out how to add TFWare.

QUOTE(TDWP FTW @ Jun 19 2011, 03:12 AM) Wait, is the server gonna be open to members? If so, I REALLY want to try out TF2Ware. It looks epic.
Yes, it's gonna be open to members, which we are still trying to figure out how, we don't want what happened last time to happen.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
KirbyBoy said:
mezut360 said:
You should get HAMACHI
its awesome

Which I already have, though i can't get tf2 unitl tomorrow, I'll probably be host, since I've my download finished and his is still hat 70 percent more or less.

You're going to need to setup a basic TF2 server first, then add and configure Metamod: Source, Sourcemod, TF2Ware and then add TF2Ware's map.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
KirbyBoy said:
mezut360 said:
You should get HAMACHI
its awesome

Which I already have, though i can't get tf2 unitl tomorrow, I'll probably be host, since I've my download finished and his is still hat 70 percent more or less.

You're going to need to setup a basic TF2 server first, then add and configure Metamod: Source, Sourcemod, TF2Ware and then add TF2Ware's map.
I wish you could guide me through, I know about all the stuff I need, it's just that I don't know how to get it all added and setup .
unsure.gif

I was actually trying to look for a guide on the matter, but I couldn't find one.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got Metamod, Sourcemod and TF2ware's map in right so far for sure and (maybe) TF2ware in right. EDIT: Server dling again.

Once I get the server, I can start experimenting.

It would be much appreciated if you could help us at all, though.

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
servers usually hold 24 or 30 at a time, as that keeps it fair. More likely 30 for something like TF2ware.

Either KB, Me or both of us may host servers depending on how things go down tonight with coding all this stuff, so I'd say a minimum of 24 and a maximum of 60 (30 per server).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Will you play them all?