1. Psy-Phi

OP Psy-Phi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just received the GBA X5 Mini today, and I'm having trouble getting the thing to load successfully. After the Nintendo logo, the screen displays just red.

I've tried a 2GB microSD that is normally in an EZ-Flash IV, and a 64GB microSDHC UHS-1 but without any difference. It does the same thing without a card in it at all too.

Lookin for help figuring out if I need to format the cards in any special manner, or if it should boot without a card in it at all? It didn't come with instructions and I feel a bit lost. I did download and put onto the card the latest OS.

There's a tweet reporting similar where Krikzz replies and mentions it possibly being a soldering defect? (Can't post a link so, if you search for Krikzz on Twitter, look at his replies, for a red screen with the X5 Mini)

But that person can at least load the X5 up when it's not all the way loaded.

I'm awaiting a response from Everdrive.me and Krikzz now, but perhaps one of you fine people could point me in another direction?

EDIT: Received a replacement in the mail yesterday and have spent a little time playing with it. KRIKzz and Everdrive.me stand behind their product and I appreciate it. Just wanted to let folks know in case this put ya on the fence for purchasing it.

Last edited by Psy-Phi, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Should post on the official forum instead

Psy-Phi likes this.
  3. Psy-Phi

OP Psy-Phi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you Shadow#1. I did that as well, but it looks like I may have just recieved a dud. Happy to report Krikzz and Everdrive.me are organizing a shipment of another while I ship this back to them to save time. Waited this long for it... just have to wait a bit longer.

hippy dave likes this.
  4. Psy-Phi

OP Psy-Phi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    An update: In case anyone looked at this and was concerned about the Everdrive X5-mini build quality, I received my replacement in the mail yesterday and it works perfectly.. Everdrive.me's warranty was simple and took as long as if I had ordered a new one and I appreciate how quick KRIKzz was to take responsibility and stand behind his design. Just a factory fault it seems, and one that has since been ironed out and they're doubling down on testing.

Razor83 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Screen,