gba sp won't charge

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by johnnyg88, Apr 17, 2011.

Apr 17, 2011

gba sp won't charge by johnnyg88 at 2:25 AM (6,427 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. johnnyg88
    OP

Newcomer johnnyg88 Newbie

United States
    hey guys, new here.

my gba sp won't charge, i'm sure you've read it before. when i plug the charger in, the orange light flashes for a second and then it turns off. i tried 'bridging' fuses f1 and f2 to no avail. the stickers on the mobo indicate water damage. any ideas out there??

thanks

jg

2. ronfar23x

Newcomer ronfar23x Member

United States
    Have you tried replacing the battery? If it got wet it could have destroyed the battery.

3. johnnyg88
    OP

Newcomer johnnyg88 Newbie

United States
    tried 2 other batteries. all 3 batteries that i have successfully charge in 2 other gameboys.

this gameboy was given to me and i don't know anything about it besides the pink water damage stickers. i suppose anything could be broken on it!

I don't want to give up on it because the brighter screen is so much cooler than my other 2 regular front lit gameboy sps.

thanks!

jg

4. sunnytimes

Member sunnytimes GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i have the same problem with a gba i was given today .. ever figure this out ?

5. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sounds like a bad motherboard, possible damage to the step-up converter.

6. sunnytimes

Member sunnytimes GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    actually i just fixed this today , it was the F2 fuse blown because a supercard with bent pins shorted it out .. i fixed a GBA and a DS Phat this morning , first 2 i've ever done.. i removed the fuse and bridged it with a blob of solder , both work great again.