gba sp won't charge

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by johnnyg88, Apr 17, 2011.

1. johnnyg88
    OP

johnnyg88 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    hey guys, new here.

my gba sp won't charge, i'm sure you've read it before. when i plug the charger in, the orange light flashes for a second and then it turns off. i tried 'bridging' fuses f1 and f2 to no avail. the stickers on the mobo indicate water damage. any ideas out there??

thanks

jg

2. ronfar23x

ronfar23x Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2010
    United States
    Have you tried replacing the battery? If it got wet it could have destroyed the battery.

3. johnnyg88
    OP

johnnyg88 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    tried 2 other batteries. all 3 batteries that i have successfully charge in 2 other gameboys.

this gameboy was given to me and i don't know anything about it besides the pink water damage stickers. i suppose anything could be broken on it!

I don't want to give up on it because the brighter screen is so much cooler than my other 2 regular front lit gameboy sps.

thanks!

jg

4. sunnytimes

sunnytimes GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Canada
    i have the same problem with a gba i was given today .. ever figure this out ?

5. Todderbert

Todderbert Korg Fanboy

GBAtemp Patron
    Todderbert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 30, 2009
    United States
    Illinois
    Sounds like a bad motherboard, possible damage to the step-up converter.

6. sunnytimes

sunnytimes GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Canada
    actually i just fixed this today , it was the F2 fuse blown because a supercard with bent pins shorted it out .. i fixed a GBA and a DS Phat this morning , first 2 i've ever done.. i removed the fuse and bridged it with a blob of solder , both work great again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice