OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I have a little question about the GBA Backup Tool.
Is there a tutorial how to use the GBA Backup Tool? Because I searched all over the web, but found nothing really usefull.

Thanks for taking time for my problem. (:

ShyniHunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for double posting, but is there also a guide about transfer the save file back to the original GBA game?
For example, I play the game on a emulator and then I want my progress also on my original GBA game.

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone please tell me what the newest version of this is and where it is. I downloaded one version but everytime I try to back up the ROM not the sav it freezes on me

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thaddius said:
Find 'GBA Backup Tool' on FileTrip.net

0.21 is the latest.

If you're still having problems, detail them in your next post along with the hardware you're using.

Yes I have that one 0.21 and I tried to copy the pokemon sapphire rom, super mario advanced 2 - super mario brothers and yu-gi-oh eternal duelist soul.... each time the progress bar goes about 30% then freezes...have to hard reset to fix it... Im using a DS Lite and an acekard 2i with a 8 GB class 6 micro sd card. that has 200 MB free space

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Random11 said:
thaddius said:

0.21 is the latest.

If you're still having problems, detail them in your next post along with the hardware you're using.

Yes I have that one 0.21 and I tried to copy the pokemon sapphire rom, super mario advanced 2 - super mario brothers and yu-gi-oh eternal duelist soul.... each time the progress bar goes about 30% then freezes...have to hard reset to fix it... Im using a DS Lite and an acekard 2i with a 8 GB class 6 micro sd card. that has 200 MB free space
I just attempted it with a similar setup (DS lite, Acekard 2i, 16gb class 2, ...). I'm using AKAIO on mine. I backup up Super Mario Advance 4 and a pirate copy of Pokemon Sapphire.

With mine when a ROM finished being backup up it would crash while trying to load the ROM list, but the ROM image would be fine.

I tested this out on my Supercard DSTwo and did not encounter any such problems.

Because I ran into problems with my Acekard 2i as well, it might be that the program is not all that compatible with that card, although I can't see why (I found nothing on google to suggest that. As far as I'm aware, it's only the M3 card series/line/clones that are incompatible with this software). It's also possible that, because you seem to consistently have the same problem with each game that something is wrong with the file (try downloading it again maybe?) or you need to reformat your SD card.

Might I also suggest that you find the ROM images for those games online? I know that's not the most legal route, but it might be a bit less of a hassle...

Random11

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thaddius said:
Random11 said:
thaddius said:

0.21 is the latest.

I just attempted it with a similar setup (DS lite, Acekard 2i, 16gb class 2, ...). I'm using AKAIO on mine. I backup up Super Mario Advance 4 and a pirate copy of Pokemon Sapphire.

With mine when a ROM finished being backup up it would crash while trying to load the ROM list, but the ROM image would be fine.

I tested this out on my Supercard DSTwo and did not encounter any such problems.

Because I ran into problems with my Acekard 2i as well, it might be that the program is not all that compatible with that card, although I can't see why (I found nothing on google to suggest that. As far as I'm aware, it's only the M3 card series/line/clones that are incompatible with this software). It's also possible that, because you seem to consistently have the same problem with each game that something is wrong with the file (try downloading it again maybe?) or you need to reformat your SD card.

Might I also suggest that you find the ROM images for those games online? I know that's not the most legal route, but it might be a bit less of a hassle...

It seams to be a combination of me having a bad version and the fact that it dont work with acekard very well... I used the one u linked and it didnt freeze at 30% but like u said it froze right at 100% so it worked..but froze after... however when i used it on my r4 it worked perfect so thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night