GB/C Flashcart?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Chaos Rush, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Chaos Rush
    OP

Chaos Rush GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2010
    United States
    Is there any decent flashcart for Game Boy & Game Boy Color?
    The reason why I'm looking for one is because playing GB/C games on DS with Lameboy just doesn't feel right. I like to play games on their native system. This is the same reason why I prefer to play GBA games on a GBA even though I have a DS Lite.

Also I'm wondering if it's possible to get a blank GB or GBC cartridge and put a rom on it, if I wanted to play rom hacks on an actual Game Boy Color.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    There was a thread around here but it seems my browser history has failed me (that or I am not thinking which at 2am is quite likely)

Most new GB/GBC flash carts coming out these days are single file only carts aimed at little sound DJ and lack the ability to manage multiple saves properly.

There are a couple of legacy carts still available but they are not what you might expect if you are coming from the DS or even GBA- they are very small, fiddly to use (requiring serial or parallel ports) and not as user friendly as their later system counterparts when they actually get on the GB/GBC.

For the other questions we usually say we hope you can swing a soldering iron and direct people at http://www.ziegler.desaign.de/readplus.htm