Gauntlet DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Dangy, Dec 23, 2009.

Dec 23, 2009

Gauntlet DS? by Dangy at 7:57 PM (1,134 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Dangy
    OP

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    I can't find this game anywhere. I'm pretty sure it was released... Can somebody give me more info?

2. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    It was cancelled, as I understand things. Rumour has it work has resumed with a different team, but no release yet to my knowledge. Sorry. There might be a homebrew along those lines though.

3. haflore

Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
    Actually last time I checked this was still TBA, looking forward to it though.

4. DJ91990

Member DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

United States
    Edios was the dev teem behind Gauntlet DS but Square Enix bought out Edios.

Now SE is the dev teem behind the release of Gauntlet DS.

We may see it sometime in 2010 or 2011.

We will also see it with some shiny new anti-piracy checks in the game.

All we can do is hope that Gauntlet DS will see the light of day and not wind up like Starfox 2.

5. Dangy
    OP

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    Man, that really sucks. 1012? There might be a new DS by then.

Or for all we know, the world is going to end. [​IMG]

6. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    From the Gauntlet DS wiki:
    As of June 2009 Gauntlet DS has been listed on the ESRB as forthcoming, and being published by Majesco. No formal release date has been given, although GamePlay UK have a preorder release date of September 25th 2009

So slightly hopeful it aint ded

I don't know where you people are getting predictions 2011, 2012, are you smoking crack cocaine ?

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    That is all wrong.

Eidos was the publisher not developer, the developer is Backbone Entertainment. The game was actually finished and has already been reviewed by various magazines over here (Retro Gamer gave it a positive review) but the game apparently had some bugs in there and seeing that it needed more dev time Eidos decided to cut their costs and not to release it at all seeing that further development would cost them more money. They have now lost the license to release anything in the Gauntlet series in the US so I guess that they just sold the game either to Backbone or to Majesco. Seeing SE bought Eidos that also still means that SE can't release it either.

Last we heard was that Majesco had bought the rights from Midway (who sold a shitload of their assets to stay afloat) to release it in Europe. They submitted it to the ESRB in June this year so they can get a teen rating but have still yet to get a release date.

Anti piracy checks? That is BS, pure 100% rumour.
    Release in 2011? Won't happen, if Majesco don't release it in 2010 then they'll lose the rights again to the franchise.

My info came from an interview in Retro Gamer from someone who developed it. Also according to them Backbone aren't involved in the development anymore.

This is pretty much Chronos Twin, C.O.R.E. & 07 Commando all over again, hopefully this game wont be shit like those.

8. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i'll be damned if this released. but anyway my fav gauntlet was dark legacy and the sega gensis version.

9. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    If we ask Wizard nicely enough do you think he'll be able to conjure up a date? [​IMG]