Gauntlet DS cancellation almost confirmed

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An IGN voice chat spoke of the ill fated Gauntlet DS game today. Apparently this one is almost 100% confirmed canceled unless Warner Bros steps in apparently.

This is what the chat reported:

Gauntlet

- Might be cancelled
- Was impressive to Nintendo but weren’t willing to put money into developing it fully
- Eidos came in and gave money, then finished the game
- Has been finished for at least a year, Eidos has been having some problems
- Warner Bros. calling the shots

http://gonintendo.com/?p=73752

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though the reviews have been horrid, I still wanted to give it a try...
Dammit ;-;
Also I got to play it at PAX last year, so in a way, I've played a game that nobody else will ever be able to play
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's gonna get canceled, it might be a game I'd actually like.
dry.gif

Ever notice how no one talks about "possibly" canceling any of the noobware games?
shifty.gif

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
How is it that shitware like Imagine: _________z regularly gets the green light, and a classic, epic, highly-anticipated title like Gauntlet DS gets canned?

There's no justice in this world.

For starters, people buy "Imagine" games, and people pirate games like Gauntlet...to be fair though, I probably wouldn't have bought it unless it was really good, and from reading peoples' impressions, it wasn't.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the first set of review where bad but they put it back in to development and fixed it up from what i heard. I reli wanted to see how it would work with the Voip on wifi seemed like one of the best DS Wifi game to come out in a while.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
How is it that shitware like Imagine: _________z regularly gets the green light, and a classic, epic, highly-anticipated title like Gauntlet DS gets canned?

Basic arithmetic: Couple of guys line up rows of beans. The row with the most beans that can secure shelf placement at Walmart gets published. The other gets shitcanned.

The reality is, when mom goes to pick up...whatever it is mom picks up when she goes to Wally World, she sees Gaunlet DS behind the glass in the electronics dept. Her eyes don't even pause, and as she continues to scan the shelves, she comes across Imagine Babyz. "Aww...Janey will love this shit. I'll get this as a little getting-your-braces-removed gift."

The irony, though, is anyone here wondering why Gauntlet would get canceled, as most folks here likely weren't going to buy it, myself included.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
The irony, though, is anyone here wondering why Gauntlet would get canceled, as most folks here likely weren't going to buy it, myself included.
I have to disagree.

I can only speak for myself, but I do buy the games that I feel deserve my support as a consumer. Before I had a flashcart, I used to hesitate when buying games, but now that I can test them all, I'll drop the cash for a good game without even batting an eye. I have more legit DS carts now because of my flashcart (I had 7 DS carts before I got a flashcart, and I've bought 27 games since I got one).

We have remakes of classics all the time, some of them are even almost unchanged (Chrono Trigger, for example). So I don't see why this one didn't deserve to see a remake.

And Wal-Mart moms suck.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
irpacynot said:
I have to disagree.

I can only speak for myself,

Yeah, I think you're in the minority, though.

I also think pirating at least shares the responsibility for the lack of "hardcore" games in the recent years, especially on the DS. I remember the sales of Contra 4 being ridiculously bad, like just over 200,000 since release, and that IS a really great game which obviously had a lot of development put into it. I feel like Gauntlet appeals to the same demographic, or at least a similar one, so this is understandable. Still, I would have LOVED to play it; I hope this news ends up not being true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.