Gateway w/ RxTools

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by raynor_ni, Jun 20, 2015.

1. raynor_ni
    OP

raynor_ni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Hi all, sorry 1st of all if this has been asked a million times, I did search but didn't see an answer to my question and 2nd, for the n00by nature of the question :wacko:

I've had a working Gateway setup for sometime now, but with recent-ish AGB_firm support tried to go the route of using my Gateway for everything bar GBA, and use rxTools for that.

I've managed to get rxTools working fine, installed the patched agb_firm to sysnand using FBI, made my own gba cia and installed it.

Problem is, apparently no matter what I do I get the dreaded "There has been an error..." message
    and I'm at a loss of how to proceed to get that working.

Any help gents? :gba:

2. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Are you using emuNAND to install/load the GBA CIA?

3. raynor_ni
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, pretty sure the patched agb_firm is in sys & emunand. Anyway to confirm that?

4. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Other users on this board claim that you need to install the GBA CIA in both the sysNAND and emuNAND as well.

5. raynor_ni
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    I've tried that and get a "title already exists" message. I dunno man.. since it quite clearly works for lots of people I assume *I'm* doing something wrong,
    I just have no idea exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: I've an old 1gb sd card from my Wii, maybe I'll try Pasta w/ MSET.

6. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    I've tried rxtools for a bit, but went back to Pasta; I can use the same DS profile exploit for both Pasta (MSET) and Gateway, just swap out SD cards. For RxTool I have to install its own DS profile, and when I need to use Gateway again install that DS profile. And since you have to install GBA games with SysNAND the EmuNAND capability of rxtools is not relevant. I'm using the newer patched AGB_FIRM that has the GBA boot animation.

7. raynor_ni
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Newer?