Hacking Gateway mode viaEmunand issues

Cyris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so here's my problem. i wanted to get my copy of Mario paper jam working on my 3ds. i was running ver. 8.1.0-9u and had been using the gateway flash card to play my back ups. i came to the understanding that in order to get my new game (and spicifically its backup) to run without messing up my ability to use my gateway was that i needed to set up Emunamd. i did this using this tutorial ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-setup-emunand-without-a-flashcard.386262/ ), and i followed the steps exactly (minus using the latest version of gateways software). everything went great, and now when i am in emunand im running gw3d 10.5.0-30u . here's the problem. when i press the select button i no longer reach the game selection menu. when i turn on my 3ds and go through the website booting process it automatically puts me in emunand (not sure if that is normal) but it wont let the game menu come up. how do i fix this?

on a side note i tried the old booting process of holding"l" and going to nintendo profile and that just takes me out of emunand. i can still play physical games fine when out of emunand, but not when in it. i dont think i messed anything up specifically but i dont know how to go about finding what is wrong or how to fix it. Please help!

Cyris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that was the one i was using, when i did my "format emunade" it created another one that was a LAUNCHER.dat that was ast i wrote, all in caps. i left that one there, so i need to switch back to the old one?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
that was the one i was using, when i did my "format emunade" it created another one that was a LAUNCHER.dat that was ast i wrote, all in caps. i left that one there, so i need to switch back to the old one?
You need the latest launcher.dat. The old one only supports emuNAND to a lower firmware. That's why the select button doesn't work.

Cyris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EXCELLENT! thanks for the help guys that worked perfectly! am now playing my backup so everything is working smooth, big help! really, and so quick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro