bobovieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Hello everybody,
I am currently on 3.7.1, which I downloaded from the download section at GW website last week.
I was told on this forum that I'm NOT on the latest firmware, that I should update to solve some compatibility issues with Mutant Mudds Super Challenge.
On the GW website it says "4.1B private BETA release", I understood that that is not a public release, it's something for some tester or similar.
What is and where can I find the latest firmware to download?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just use the 3.7 launcher but update your Emunand using system settings. The 4.1 beta is risky and not advisable.

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.7.1 works about the same as 4.1 The 4.x versions were added mainly to support a9lh. Be sure not to update your emunand to 11.1 though. GW, for now, isn't working.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still happy using CN as an entrypoint to GW emuNAND. I'm hoping they don't take a turn to A9LH launch methods and fixes going forward. Although I don't use the card that much it's still nice as an alternative to installing directly on the 3DS, but the broken select menu isn't too big of an issue if emuNAND still launches.

Reactions: logg

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, the FOSS CFWs still work fine, it's just GW's shit that's broken.
ntr is broken also

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm still happy using CN as an entrypoint to GW emuNAND. I'm hoping they don't take a turn to A9LH launch methods and fixes going forward. Although I don't use the card that much it's still nice as an alternative to installing directly on the 3DS, but the broken select menu isn't too big of an issue if emuNAND still launches.
i agree. it seems they cant do too much with cfw/emunands cuz they probably wouldve already. im just kinda upset that i cant use the cheat menu if i update.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Odd, why continue to boot into GW emuNAND that way when you could be using MenuHAX at the very least?
It's not like MenuHAX is hard to set up, and the homebrew GW launcher is fairly reliable.
You'll be able to get into GW mode much faster without using the Cubic Ninja card, and no need to swap your card all the time.

Online play is still working for now using 11.0 firmware on 3ds without having to update for now.

I found that I needed to use CTR-HTTPWN to get onto online services that use an NNID like Pokémon Shuffle and Badge Arcade at least.

Reactions: cvskid

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, why continue to boot into GW emuNAND that way when you could be using MenuHAX at the very least?
It's not like MenuHAX is hard to set up, and the homebrew GW launcher is fairly reliable.
You'll be able to get into GW mode much faster without using the Cubic Ninja card, and no need to swap your card all the time.
i agree. consider setting up menuhax/lesshax(much more stable version on menuhax) and ctrbootmanager. its what i do cuz i dont want to set up a9lh again

Last edited by McWhiters9511,
Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I found that I needed to use CTR-HTTPWN to get onto online services that use an NNID like Pokémon Shuffle and Badge Arcade at least.
Didn't know about CTR-HTTPWN, sounds interesting.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, actually? That's amazing, rip Gateway.

Has nothing to do with "breaking gateway" they hook into nfirm and homemenu which were updated...Side effect, not intentional.
This. Actually GW is pretty fast (to their standards) to release a new launcher that corrects the offsets to those hooks. They'll certainly launch a 4.1b version or even a 4.2 with some "surprises" to make the ROM select menu work again in the next few days instead of SOON (TM)

Reactions: DoJo_Master

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I could, I just hate rebooting my N3DS, and removing the card. And when I do need to reboot it's not when I have downtime to set up menuhax (need to change CN save to do that). I could eventually, just haven't felt the urge or need to do it yet. I have A9LH on my O3DS and just feel "meh" about the whole thing, don't fix what isn't broken you know?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1