1. HyperVisor

OP HyperVisor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Has anybody had any success with the saving feature for the gateway cartridge?

I've tried a few games, e.g. Luigi's Mansion and Shinobi. I've been using the procedure outlined, i.e. selecting home and then close. Luigi's mansion creates a file and this can be seen when loading it back up, but it starts at the beginning of the game.

Shinobi doesn't even recognise it's saved a game when you restart it.

2. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

United States
    Try formatting the card and starting from step 1. Also make sure you are pressing "X" when you get to the home screen to close it.

3. HyperVisor

Newcomer

Ahhh, so I'm pressing Home and then Close (using the touchscreen). So you need to press 'X'?

4. Saturosias

Saturosias thank

United States
    Are you saving in the game itself before using that save transfer method? It doesn't function as a RTS (Real Time Save).

5. HyperVisor

Newcomer

I got to a point in both games where I would have thought there would have been a save point, then I selected HOME and then CLOSE.

When I loaded Luigi again, you could see that there was a file that had been created in the game itself, however when selected it just went from the beginning again.

6. HyperVisor

Newcomer

I've just had another look at it. After selecting HOME and then CLOSE - that's the same as pressing X as it has X next to the CLOSE button.

Anyway, after finishing the first sub-level, I tried it again and it works. So, as above - it's not a real-time save.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

So what did you do differently than in your first post to make it work??

8. HyperVisor

Newcomer

Injected a bit of patience and actually complete a level which then allowed the game to save at a predetermined point.

f0rCe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Gateway, Saving, Issue