ROM Hack Gateway 3DS microSD Tool

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you use this tool? I put the gw3ds.exe filejust on my desktop and run CMD as admin, type in the CMD box gw3ds.exe scan l: l being my MSDCards letter and just press enter but it does not do anything not recognized?

I'm running windows 8.1, I need to get this working I'm getting a fragmenataion error with MH4 and I'm sure I had this similar issue before and I ran this app and it worked a treat for me but I cannot remember how I got it working it was so long ago??? I'm sure the gw3ds.exe file had to go in a folder or on the route of the C: drive or something for it to run properly? Anyone please. Its also popping up when I put the MSD card in it needs fixing, problem with the drive but running that never works, it never has.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just to be sure: did you go to the location in which you put the exe in the console? with "cd C:/Users/" etc..

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
just to be sure: did you go to the location in which you put the exe in the console? with "cd C:/Users/" etc..

No how do i do that?. I just clicked on CMD Open as Admin and typed in gw3ds.exe scan L: and press enter but it does not recognize or do anything. What am I doing wrong I have just put the gw3ds.exe app on my desktop and ran CMD in admin mode.

Edit: thanks m8 got MH4 sorted now, it said it fixed 4 fragmentation errors on MH4 and now works fine :)

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
as long as you don't delete the GW DO NOT DELETE bin file you won't ever have errors . It seems the errors happens when some games occupy the last clusters on a microsd card , GW gives error in that case. With the file ocupying the clusters there wont be a problem ever more ( I haven't yet)

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using Windows XP and I can't even open it, the command window pop up for 1 miliseconds, then disappear...

Any fix? I need to fix my Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :(

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This will save me a ton of time, thanks!

I get the "Fragmentation Error" every time I remove something and then add something new to my card. The old stuff works fine but the new stuff gives the error. Tried a new MicroSD card and still the same thing.

Up until this the only fix that worked was to copy everything to the PC, do a full (non-Quick) format of the card and move everything back. Takes forever.

Now it will only take a few minutes!

extrun20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this tool
i found a minor bug. i'm using SanDisk 16GB microSD free space 11232182272 bytes.
but gw3ds report the Free space: -1652719616 bytes.

Alvarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It took nearly a second to do fix and scan (running in admin mode)... something wrong? Oh, but anyway, the .bin was generated on the sd

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Kudos to Avast! The Best Anti-Virus Ever.

Also Why the heck would you go through the trouble of writing a Defrag tool, when we could use the built in ones
in Windows/Mac/Linux.... Seems like another weird pointless app.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Kudos to Avast! The Best Anti-Virus Ever.

Also Why the heck would you go through the trouble of writing a Defrag tool, when we could use the built in ones
in Windows/Mac/Linux.... Seems like another weird pointless app.

thank you for reply to a 7+ months old thread

Reactions: Subtle Demise

BeaverGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be that guy, but I can't figure out for the life of me on how to use this. This is like the first time I've really ever really used command prompt I think I keep typing in the wrong stuff. I keep getting "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I'm so confused and a step by step guide or something would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for being a bother, I'm really new to this kind of stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A buttered grilled cheese pb&j? Meh