Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

rharesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi Guys... Seriously all the fuss about new n3ds is great and fine... How about old 3ds users, how do we use this new 3.2 release.
Do we just copy the launcher to sd card and start the exploit as usual or how ?

Reactions: Arkansaw

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah perfect, straight and to the point. I assume that formatting the sysnand is to unlink the nands. So when setting up the mset exploit (side question, how come it's called mset?), insert another micro sd card (that doesnt have emunand on it) to set up?

Your 100% right

It's called the mset exploit is because ROP is being loaded in the ds profile mset code

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
It has been possible. There are limit ions on the fw so check your situation against the compatibility list.

We all have our own priorities and needs with the system. I haven't bothered to do the spoof because I don't find a need to. Everything I need is available in the "other" site.

I have a brand new n3ds.. that I have no use for until gw offers a migration path :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply so all i need is just the launcher file and no need of those mset and stuffs for old 3ds
Correct. Does not apply. Enjoy your new 9.7 emunand!

I have a brand new n3ds.. that I have no use for until gw offers a migration path :)

I wouldn't sit around waiting for GW to hand me a solution if I were you. You have to do your research and figure out a way to make it work for you. Start with the link I posted and see if that will fit your needs.

Reactions: Margen67

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't actually need the mset and stuff for the new 3DS either. You just need to use Cubic Ninja or OOT (and you'll still need those to install mset anyway). The mset hack is excessively complicated, did not have correct instructions, breaks when you play a DS game, and is a pain to uninstall if you want to get rid of it. And it depends on a devmenu that Gateway won't provide you, even though the mset cia is just as illegal. It's so ridiculous that I'm surprised Gateway even bothered including it.

Reactions: MattKimura

TY89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After the Update was released, I went straight ahead and tried to install it, following the instructions on the gateway Homepage. I didn't know that I had to remove my emunand mircoSD.

So I launched the NVRAM INSTALL, which went fine but couldn't install the cia in gateway Mode later. Now I know that I have to use another MicroSD and will try that later, but what about that NVRAM i have installed? Did it any harm to my emunand? Do I have to or can I remove it?

I checked settings in sysnand and emunand. Both seem perfectly fine.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thorasgar, what are the differences of GW on O3DSXL and N3DSXL???

Do they both dump? Does SDF work on N3DSXL??

What about Spider Injection (RAM2SAV)??

Any limits on what file types they play?

EDIT: My 500th post!!!?? Just for you Thorasgar.... :bow:

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried to do the N3ds new method and it didnt work, plus the step makes no sense

"Once installed, boot into Gateway mode and launch DevMenu.3ds from the multirom menu (press SELECT)
7) Start DevMenu and import mset_<region>.cia from your SD card."

wouldent installing a cia from emunand only insatll to emunand?

Edit: it did install to emunand :angry:
any help?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried to do the N3ds new method and it didnt work, plus the step makes no sense

"Once installed, boot into Gateway mode and launch DevMenu.3ds from the multirom menu (press SELECT)
7) Start DevMenu and import mset_<region>.cia from your SD card."

wouldent installing a cia from emunand only insatll to emunand?

any help?

Where does it say launch from emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0