Trophies
XP
Country
France
i found someone who upload about +200 .cia file for JPN game
but they all look like this

9z8itIs.jpg

i don't know which one

I updated my Japanese .cia on my French EUR eShop and it worked.

comp1demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Micro takes .3ds/3dsz, big sd takes .cia. you need dev menu or Big Blue Menu to install .cia
That is not what I meant.

I know CIA gets installed to the DS SD card then installed on system correct? Does the CIA install the SD or internal memory or both?
Is it better to install a CIA to have your game on your DS ( I guess you would do this for your top played games)
Then install other games you can select from a menu on the gateway for frequently less played games on the microSD on the Gateway card. Correct?

comp1demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even have my GW card yet, but since I'm a total GW noob I have a few questions:
1. How in the hell do I set up emunand? I understand what it's for (playing newer games, eshop, online, .cias I THINK) but I have no clue how to get it working.
2. What is the real benefit to using .cias over .3dses?
3. What is a .3dz?
Sorry for the noobish questions, I just never used GW before.

I am going to use this.

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide

Reactions: Kelton2

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
That is not what I meant.

I know CIA gets installed to the DS SD card then installed on system correct? Does the CIA install the SD or internal memory or both?
Is it better to install a CIA to have your game on your DS ( I guess you would do this for your top played games)
Then install other games you can select from a menu on the gateway for frequently less played games on the microSD on the Gateway card. Correct?
.cia installs to the SD card. For faster load times, install as .cia.

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I must say gateway 3.0 is great! Very satisfied with the product. Can't wait to see what the final software will be like. Impressive for a beta.

Reactions: medoli900

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what is this classic mode that can be run without the gateway? it always just brings up a black screen.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't even have my GW card yet, but since I'm a total GW noob I have a few questions:
1. How in the hell do I set up emunand? I understand what it's for (playing newer games, eshop, online, .cias I THINK) but I have no clue how to get it working.
2. What is the real benefit to using .cias over .3dses?
3. What is a .3dz?
Sorry for the noobish questions, I just never used GW before.
1. You just format the EmuNAND from the Gateway menu. When you do that, Gateway will always boot into EmuNAND thus leaving your SysNAND untouched. You can then freely update within EmuNAND as long as Gateway support the latest firmware.
2. Depends. With commercial retail games (i.e. roms), not much benefit. Games will be stored on the big SD and selectable on the system menu. But you still need to use the Gateway card regardless, so there's no real advantage to .cia files for comercial games.
With homebrew however, .cia files are better because Gateway do not allow access to all resources to developers using .3ds files. .3ds homebrew will not have sound, for example - .cia versions will. So use .cia for homebrew.
3. .3dz are basically renamed .3ds files with the header modified to allow online play.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think it's going to be out in 28 months, 18 days, 8 hours and 23 seconds.

See, I can pull random timescales out of thin air too.

Reactions: MrJason005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist