Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If anyone updates their EmuNAND please report this. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right (through the system settings, not the eShop).
Ive got an update while I was playing a fucking game lol :D Updatet it via system settings and now Im on 9.4 :P No problems at all just smooth sailing here.

Good things happen to those who wait ;)

Btw Crush

juli299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but actually the SPI error is not an issue.
try again. unless your cart broke for real.

First, thank you REALLY much for trying to help me, I appreciate this a lot :) I've tried it several times now, just stays black. I guess it really is broken, isn't it?

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, thank you REALLY much for trying to help me, I appreciate this a lot :) I've tried it several times now, just stays black. I guess it really is broken, isn't it?

Carts not broke. Mine does the same thing on my 9.2 system but it boots fine on a 4.4 system.

3DSXLGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those having trouble entering the URL. Clear cookies and bookmarks. Immediately exit using home menu afterwords.

To make the process easier, I generated a URL QR code:

GatewayQR.png

(mirror the ***k out of this. ;) )

Scan it using the camera. (hold both L+R to activate camera. Just one shoulder button if you are on on older FW)

I confirmed that going to the url via a QR code worked. So in a way, I made the exploit via QR code a reality! :D

Tried this and got the bookmarked added but I get a no access point in range press okay error and nothing happens.
My router settings are not saved so it connects to nothing, is wifi needed? Won't it update during the wifi setup.

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Would it be possible to install CIAs now, and not require the Gateway card to do it?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You just replace the launcher.dat
if you are on 4.5, everything works the same but your gateway will update to 3.0
(no need for 4.5 users to update, as there is no new update for emunand anyway)

Im planning to sell my other cards and just keep one for a 4.5 that i picked up and then later swap it back and forth with a n3ds. Just wanted to know how it behaves on 4.5 console after updating to 3.0 on fpga. Im in work for a few nights and have no time to test myself.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really simple
- Download 3.0
- Place the launcher.dat file in the Ultra folder onto your 3DS SD card
- Place Red Gateway card in 3DS
- Start 3DS and launch browser
- Clear history and cookies
- Go to go.gateway-3ds.com
- wait :)

This should be added to the OP of this thread - And maybe GW should have THOUGHT ABOUT ADDING STEPS IN THEIR INSTRUCTIONS! :angry:

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i just thought of an idea. what if i used gateway's method to downgrade to 4.5, then when supercard dstwo+ comes out, use my 4.5 3ds with that? (if its better of course, if it isn't then i won't buy one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN