Gameshark for Gameboy v3.1 - Parallel Connection

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by AngeloftheNight091, Jun 21, 2017.

1. AngeloftheNight091
    OP

AngeloftheNight091 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Canada
    Hey Guys,

I know this is a super old console and accessories, but I am currently looking for a way to back up some older Gameboy cartridges for use down the road for other projects. Currently right now I am running into an issue with the Gameshark for Gameboy Software where it is not communicating properly over the Parallel port.

Attached I have included an image of the items I am using minus the pc of course. The other 3 attachments shows the software & Device manager along with the error code I receive, and the Parallel info the program has.

Would anyone be able to assist in getting this application to communicate again?

Thanks

AngeloftheNight091

Attached Files:

2. AngeloftheNight091
    OP

AngeloftheNight091 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Canada
    Update: I found the issue, I was using a Windows 7 Client. This software will only respond on Windows Windows 95 & Windows 98/SE.

I recorded a Video to Show that I Got it working. However It doesn't show exact Process I took. I can make a Tutorial If needed.

migles likes this.
  3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i was just about to talk about the OS, the classic theme made me think you were already using windows 98..
    starting on XP a lot has changed for example DOS being emulated and not true DOS found in 95-98 and plenty of legacy stuff has broken since... (not sure about the 2000/me OS but thoose are not that great so...)

glad you solved it easy..
    btw nowadays you got other methods to copy theese cartridges, one that i seen people talking is using a N64 with the transfer pack+everdrive (or other n64 cart)
    i do believe that it's also easy to use a gamecube with a gameboy player to dump old GB games but i am not even sure if there is software for that...

Last edited by migles, Jun 23, 2017