Hacking Games stop working after install/delete

Rossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've had this problem for a long time now, almost a year. I have a WBFS 750gb HD and a 4.2u cios249 rev 17. When I add new games with WBFS Manager other games stop working. The games that stop working either don't make the intro music and then when you load the game it goes to a white screen, or they just freeze the loader when I click on the game (not load it) in USB Loader GX. The games that stop working give the error WBFS Panic : Could not read the disc error in CFG USB Loader.

Recently I have fallen into a loop. I reloaded a bunch of games that stoped working (Mario Strikers, Cooking Mama, Zack and Wiki, and a few new ones, NBA Jam), and I found that Cooking Mama 2 stopped working. I loaded Cooking Mama 2 back on, and the first one stopped working, and back and forth. I can't figure out what's going on, it's not the SD card cause I formatted it several times, and it's not the loader cause different loaders have the same problem. It's not the ISO cause they were working fine before, and I can't see why the ios would be causing it....

Can someone please help? I've been posting on several forums, for almost a year, and still no one has come up with a solution. Some other people have had the same problem. This is one of my past threads about it, and I thought it was solved, but the problem came back. Please help!

http://www.wiihacks.com/software-backup-lo...iously-did.html
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/detail?id=1536
http://gbatemp.net/t149922-usb-loader-gx?s...p;#entry3177818 (ignored on this one!!!)

Rossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, for two reasons:

1. I have about 83 games on it now, it would take a huge ammount of space and a hell of a lot of time to put them on my computer and back again.

and

2. There are a million people who are using WBFS just fine, why is mine the only one that's messing up?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
different games and different loaders, same result. whats the common thread? the hard drive.

bad sectors? fragmentation? is it starting to fail? really no way to know unless you move everything to another drive to test.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you format to WBFS, it is: 1- High probability of drive corruption (games not loading)
2-Once that happens, it'll eventually effect entire drive.
Thats why formatting to FAT32 will give you the best results, short of the drive dying.
If you use Wii Backup Manager, you can transfer those games off that drive to a PC/ drive, then transfer back to the re-formatted drive. Use FAT32 GUI formatter to do that.
I've done the WBFS, and like you, bad results. FAT32= not a glitch, ever......

Rossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks, I'll try that. I heard there are file and size limits with FAT, that's why I always thought WBFS was better. The drive was brand new, and it has always been doing it. Only used it for the one purpose. It's one of those small WD 750gb drives. I really hope it's not the drive, because I payed a lot for it.Only 7 months old.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the size limit of an ISO is 4GB......
BUT on a FAT32 format, a file can be any size, and your not putting an ISO onto the drive.
If you use ModMii, by xflak, from our forums, it'll DL everything you need to reformat, WBM, and setup for USB loading.
All you need is an SD card

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowsky: No. On FAT32 all files are limited to 4GB. This is a file system limitation and there are no exceptions.

Games over 4GB can still be used on FAT32, you just need a program to turn them into .wbfs files which are split at either the 2GB or 4GB line. It doesn't make any difference if the games are split, they still play perfectly fine.

Rossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So what will I need in addition to what I was already using with WBFS to convert everything to FAT?
And yes, I have games over 4gb

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then explain to me why my PS3 downloaded games can be copied to my external USB drive with ALL of those games being 12Gb to 22GB in size? With NO compression? And yes, the drive IS FAT32 with just a GAMEZ folder for games?
Also on my Wii external USB SOME games are bigger than 4GB in the WBFS folder?
And if you look in those folders, its not chopped into parts, just one folder for the games themselves?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ddetkowski said:
Then explain to me why my PS3 downloaded games can be copied to my external USB drive with ALL of those games being 12Gb to 22GB in size? With NO compression? And yes, the drive IS FAT32 with just a GAMEZ folder for games?
And if you look in those folders, its not chopped into parts, just one folder for the games themselves?
hey bud, u and me go waaay back and I think highly of u... but I think u are mistaken

FAT32 cannot store single files greater than 4GBs, PS3 games can be large but most games are comprised of smaller files, and each individual file being less than 4GBs

but FAT32 cannot store games larger than 4GBs, unless the files have been split into parts (which is really easy to do)!!

FYI, it is possible to have an ISO on a harddrive that is 4.35 GBs or w/e as long as it is

Rossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Transferring all 83 games to HD then formatting to FAT. But do I have to worry about those files getting messed up during the backup? I would hate to have to search for some of these games again.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why not just use Wii Game Manager to convert your ISO's in batches while tranfering them to your PC or vice versa. Then after making enough space on your HDD, format the empty space using EASEUS Partition Master. you don't have to stay at your PC for either step. using Wii Game Manager always seemed faster then using the windows file transfer.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
ddetkowski said:
hey bud, u and me go waaay back and I think highly of u... but I think u are mistaken

FAT32 cannot store single files greater than 4GBs, PS3 games can be large but most games are comprised of smaller files, and each individual file being less than 4GBs

but FAT32 cannot store games larger than 4GBs, unless the files have been split into parts (which is really easy to do)!!

FYI, it is possible to have an ISO on a harddrive that is 4.35 GBs or w/e as long as it is

Rossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Formatted drive to FAT32, put a game on it with Wii Backup Manager, connected to wii, started USB Loader GX, no games found, asks me to format. Which step am I getting wrong?

Rossman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, here's my update:

I formatted to FAT32 after backing up all my games, and then put them back on and used CFG Loader. It seems now that the games will only work on ios 222 or 223, which isn't a problem because I already had it installed, but 249 doesn't work for me at all with CFG Loader and FAT32. I only ended up losing 2 games, Metroid Prime Triliogy, and Smash Brothers Brawl. I still have my Smash bro. disc so that's not a problem, but can't find Metroid for the life of me! So far everything seems to be working well, I just hope that it stays that way!

A little off topic: I installed the CFG Loader forwarder, and it works fine, but on the site it says you can add the line return_to_channel=DCFG to make the game return to the loader instead of the main menu, but I don't know where to add the line! I tried in the setting.cfg but that doesn't do anything it seems. Anyone know?

And I'd really like to thank everyone that replied and helped me, especially ddetkowski who really helped all the way. Thanks!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)