FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As 330 said you are going to have to define old

Old could mean 286-386 era, 486 (which was different in some substantial ways, especially if you got the higher clocked DX stuff), and in recent times I have seen a bit of thing for people making such machines to play games on. p1 through p3 (though others would take me up for condensing that one as it really was not uniform, quite the opposite in fact and especially with what I cover next), once directx9 got reasonably stable around the start of the 360 most games continued to want core2 and directx9 cards until the PS4 and xbone truly took over -- that stuff was mid range in 2007 http://gbatemp.net/threads/new-pc-time.42858/ and even today with a graphics card bump and a bit more RAM you could do a lot of damage to the current game library with such a machine. Many would tell me 2007 is old.

Throughout most of that if your machine only had Intel's or basic onboard graphics you would not get too far... Intel more recently upped their game a tiny bit and it is not quite the joke it once was but still far from good. On the flip side though most of those machines can probably be brought into gaming of their day for a quick session on your chosen online tat market, unless your machine is a laptop and in that case... it is not easy to improve graphics.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Quite some indie games (even modern one) can run on a proverbial potato.

Also: what os are we talking about? I used to run an old Pentium 4 just to see how far it could go. I found Linux mint ran just a tad more smoothly than windows xp (haven't tried 7 or up on it)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play visual novel games, plenty of them on steam. :P

Also I'm sure there is some free games like Mega man maker, bunch of sonic fan games or something, otherwise, shockwave flash was always a thing in early 2000. I miss those days. :ninja:

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
star wars knights of the old republic 1 and 2, jade empire, grand theft auto 3, vice city, and san andreas (which all have fan made online play/servers), sonic adventure dx, elder scrolls 3 morrowind, and elder scrolls 4 oblivion come to mind as older pc games that should run fine on older computers.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
my pc just very has a slow processor its not old but i need games that don't require much processing. To show how slow it is it can't emulate ds at full speed it can emulate up to n64 at full speed.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So what kind of games do you want to play?

Going by these specs, you have at least a pentium 4 in there. That still has quite some library (pretty much everything released before 2005, iirc). That about right? :unsure:

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
my pc just very has a slow processor its not old but i need games that don't require much processing. To show how slow it is it can't emulate ds at full speed it can emulate up to n64 at full speed.
Download Speccy and paste all the hardware info here and I will be able to help you out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded