Games booting via disc channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiiMonkey, Feb 8, 2009.

1. WiiMonkey
    OP

WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2009
    UK
    Hi i have a pal 3.2e system (Soft Mod) currently using backup channel. Is there anyway i can boot backups through the normal disc channel.

Thanks

PS: i can only appologise if this has been asked before.

2. Dodi

Dodi GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2008
    Yes, use ciosCorp. That allows you to run backups from the disc channel.
    Or search for softmii, as that has the best soft mods in one easy package. [​IMG]

3. WiiBlaster

WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Also if your using Wiigators MIOS patcher you need to press X to change the settings to allow Disc Channel loading and then Press A to Install,

Or you could use Wan CMIOS Patcher, But i've been having problem with his not being able to Play Multi ISO disc, from the Disc Channel So i just stick with WiiGators but thats just me

4. Joesalad21

Joesalad21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Lol, Waninkoko hasn't even released the multigame iso launcher yet. Yes, I know his CMIOS has support for it, but the actual launcher hasn't been released yet. Thats could be why you are having problems.

But for Wii games, I would use SoftMii if you are willing to take the risk.
    For GC games, I would use Waninkoko's CMIOS as it is more noob friendly.

5. WiiBlaster

WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    i've been playing Multi ISO games just fine, with Both? Mios's Wan's and wiigators

But 2 Disc games is the ones not workoing yet

by the way i'm tlaking about GC games thats what i thought this thread was about, But i guess i was wrong, His talking about Wii Games i guess anyways

6. WiiMonkey
    OP

WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2009
    UK

I am talking about Wii games not gamecube games but saying that GC games dont show up in Disc Channel either i have to use Backup Channel and GC backup Channel for the games

7. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    You need to use the rebooter option in the backup loader. Once you do that it will be boot-able from disc channel. As far as I know once you play another game you need to rebooter again. It a tiring process. AFAIK theres no way for the Wii to auto detect backups every time you swap it out.

8. WiiMonkey
    OP

WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2009
    UK
    Thanks for the Info