Gaming Gamecube Vs Classic controller

tlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use a gamecube controller for Fifa and was wondering what the classic controllers are like to use as they look prettier.

Are they comfortable? Does anyone have any experience of both for a comparision? I notice the thumb stick is in kinda the wrong place (for newer games - not virtual console ones obviously) is they a problem?

timbo

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
i need a classic myself, get bored with wired pads lol, or need a wireless pad
tongue.gif

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
jalaneme said:
the gamecube pad works with everything
Except the system menu. CC is certainly better for navigating that than the GCN pad. ;p

Oh and 3rd party pads are almost always dire.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jalaneme said:
the classic controller doesn't work with gamecube games, while the gamecube pad works with everything, it's obvious which one is the winner here.

Not always. The gamecube controller has a very strange button layout. Some virtual console games play awful with a GC controller.

tlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DrHectic said:
You can buy gamecube controllers from play asia - they're the new white ones reissued by nintendo with the extra long 3m (10ft) cords due to increased demand from ssbb. Better than any third party controller in my opinion.

Thank for that very interesting.

In the end I brought an adapter on ebay so I can use a Playstation controller as I had a spare one lying around.

Ideally I would have used a couple of really good wireless Xbox controller I have, but I could find an adapter for them. What a shame! If anyone is handy with a soldering iron Ill pay for a couple of xbox - Wii adapters to be made!

timbo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.