Hacking Gamecube online

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, is it possible to play the few online GC games, online with the Wii?

Secondly, Will it or could it ever be possible to trick games into thinking they are in multiplayer, to play online, with a backuploader, sorta like Visual boy advance?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the second question, no one knows if it'll be possible to get GCN games to use the Wii's online features. But somehow I think the upcoming GCN backup loader means we're one step closer to it.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To the first question, No

The second question sounds really difficult, but with the loader being released soon it could be possible, but would take some time to implement.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
To the first question, No

The second question sounds really difficult, but with the loader being released soon it could be possible, but would take some time to implement.

How about with Wii games (that dont have online but have multiplayer)?

anofrei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not at the moment its not really possible, unless of course the games have a system link mode then you can use a tunneling program like x-link kia which tricks the machine to go online to play against others in the same game.

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
their has been no games released for the wii so far that have 'system link' .. nintendo calls it 'local wifi' .. they took it out of mario strikers , the demo has it, or i should say a demo at one point at a show had it .. battalion wars was supposed to have it but it got cut as well .. online using xlink KAI would be alot better than friend codes thats for sure..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0