Hacking Gamecube Memory manager homebrew?

IceClimbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I managed to buy a temporary wii remote and install BootMii to get the Gamecube Backup loader but I didn't think I'd actually need it and I returned it. Now I'm all happy dandy with my Wii/Gamecube set-up but I kinda have two questions:
• Can I manage my Gamecube memory card through Homebrew?
• Can I launch .wad's through homebrew?
Both of which are normally accessible through the wii menu but I'm lacking the proper equipment to navigate the wii menu. Thanks.

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're referring to channels (WAD channels), You have to install them using a WAD manager then you can access them through PostLoader, DOP-MII or WiiMod.

GCMM is a GC memory card manager. Try searching Google next time you want to find something ;)

Note: You do need a Wii Remote to access the Wii Menu but when you're on the Homebrew channel you can access it using The GC controller

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have the homebrew browser in you apps folder on your sd card, you can launch it via the HBC and obtain all sorts of homebrew for you wii.
Make sure you wii has a internet connection.

You can then also download daco taco's gamecube memory card dumper/ manager from the homebrewbrowser.

IceClimbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're referring to channels (WAD channels), You have to install them using a WAD manager then you can access them through PostLoader, DOP-MII or WiiMod.

GCMM is a GC memory card manager. Try searching Google next time you want to find something ;)

Note: You do need a Wii Remote to access the Wii Menu but when you're on the Homebrew channel you can access it using The GC controller

I had tried that but to no avail, not realizing the memory card had to be in slot 2. Thanks.

IceClimbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the homebrew browser in you apps folder on your sd card, you can launch it via the HBC and obtain all sorts of homebrew for you wii.

You can then also download daco taco's gamecube memory card dumper/ manager from the homebrewbrowser.

I meant to launch wads that were already on the system

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Well gc memory cards and wads are not related whatsoever....please state your question clearer.

IceClimbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well gc memory cards and wads are not related whatsoever....please state your question clearer.

There was 2 questions, both in the same topic because they both involve using the wii without remote. I got the first one done, which was managing the GC memory card without a remote, but now I need to launch a title wad or wad on SD without going to the wii menu.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

There was 2 questions, both in the same topic because they both involve using the wii without remote. I got the first one done, which was managing the GC memory card without a remote, but now I need to launch a title wad or wad on SD without going to the wii menu.
Still don;t know what you are trying to do.

Wads cannot be run, they can only be installed.
In order to install a wad file you need a wad manager. i recommend yet another wadmanager YAWM.
as for the gamecube save management, the wii system menu has it's own memory management for gamecube.

If you have no way to navigate on your wii, you could launch an app through bootmii, using the buttons on your wii.

Would you mind explaining what you a are trying to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol