Gamebox P-14000

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Jun 27, 2011.

Jun 27, 2011

Gamebox P-14000 by Another World at 4:39 AM (6,581 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Following a long line of Chinese knock-off multi-purpose game systems comes the Gamebox P-14000. This 720p HD media player is described as supporting PS-1 and PC based Flash games. The system has 4 GB of internal memory and can function with the PS2 controllers. The price is under $90 making it an intriguing purchase dependent upon possible future Homebrew and emulation support.

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Actually... this thing looks pretty sweet. How much is it supposed to run for? Do you know if it plays backup PS1 games? What type of "flash PC games", like, .swfs, or CDs... it's kinda vague. I will see if I can find anything concerning it. Any reason why there is no link to a site I can buy it?

3. 1NOOB

Member 1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  4. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
  5. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    Why would you want this?

A crappy, middling-level non-gaming laptop from over five years ago can flawlessly handle PS-1 emulation, and PS/USB adapters are cheap and easy to find.

6. SavvyTaco

Newcomer SavvyTaco Member

United States
    The name of the system makes me chuckle. But seriously though, this might be worth it.

7. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Good point; my Wii can do just about everything this things can do (and more). I guess just because I like to collect things, and for a Chinese knock-off system it's got some promising features that look like it's fun. Even if for a gift for something, or another emulator in my house, I dunno.

8. Magmorph

Member Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't understand the appeal. You can get a real PS2 for cheaper than that.

9. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Didn't know this one.
    BTW, i remember this Gamebox GBX-1001

Hope to see a Dingux port on it.
    I know booboo is working on a port of his linux to the JZ4755, the same CPU than the GBX-1001.

10. linuxGuru

Member linuxGuru GBAtemp Regular

United States
  11. kupo3000

Member kupo3000 GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    Even a modded PS2 doesn't play PS1 discs that easily and PS1 emulation works better on PSP than PC.
    I'm more interested in the video player capabilities though.
    Maybe I'll probably get one for my dad so I don't have to convert 720p mp4 files into a 480p dvd from time to time.

12. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    it will be really appealing to me if homebrew, emulators, and a new o/s are ported to it. someone is already considering a port of a o/s to the other gamebox system which could eventually mean homebrew and emulation. $80 for a 720p system that can play up to ps-1 is very VERY appealing. --- IF/WHEN that even happens.

-another world

13. ChrisRX

Member ChrisRX GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    What? I've got a modded ps2 and I've never had any problems with running PS1 games.

14. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    A rip-off is a rip-off.

You can make shit in HD but its still shit.

15. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    This looks better. I think it plays PS1 and PS2 games.

16. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Why don't these guys make a Gamebox that is a mashup of Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii [​IMG]

17. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    poking around some sites it appears the gamebox (the original one everyone bought) has a high failure rate. it often ships with missing rubber feet, broken parts, and controllers that do not function. some users went so far as to say that buying one is a complete gamble because you have no idea if the one you get will work. that’s not a good start! lol

like most chinese gaming systems this thing has already been cloned and knocked-off. i can't even find a homepage for the company. i have no idea which product is real and which isn't, which will work and which will not, which will be officially supported, etc. i wonder if there is even official support like firmware upgrades and emu updates. if anyone can find a homepage please link to it.

i'd wait to buy this product until i read a bunch of customer reviews about it. i'm curious why the one on DX that looks just like it is cheaper and has emulation out of the box. is this one more expensive but has less features?

i think for that 720p you would need hdmi? you can't get that with composite can you?

-another world

18. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    No PS2 support is a no go for me. I would rather wait to see such a device with PS2 support, we'll see that in 5 years or so.
    I like these kind of items, cheap homebrew supporting devices are always interesting.

19. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    The official page for gamebox is http://www.gamebox.hk

I have some of their products, (their P3GO PS3 dongle, their gamebox console, and I'll soon have their gba sp clone).
    Main concern is: they like to release a green pcb product first, then they release an upgraded version of their product (better firmware) on a red pcb... and they give no updates for the old green pcb version... (happened to both p3go and gamebox) [​IMG]

They actually don't talk at all of this P-14000 console, it's maybe not from them...

20. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i already have a stand alone blu ray player that can play HD media files so meh, apart from playing flash games can it do anything else? if you could port XBMC to it then this would be interesting to buy because it has the hdmi out.