elite-fusion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have a question. I recently purchased the Wii U and it came with Mario 3D World preinstalled which I have been playing. I have passed the first world and on to the next one in the game, but recently (the past 2-3 days) in the middle of game play, the system just shuts off. It says that the connection to the consol has been lost and for me to check the connection. I look at the Wii U unit and the light went from blue, to flashing red. Nothing works to turn it back on with the exception of pulling the plug from behind and plugging back in. Then it works for about 2 hours (maybe less) until the next time around the same thing happens.

So, my questions are:
If I decide to return this unit back to the store (still within 30 days) how can I backup my game progress?
What can be the cause of the issue that I am having?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You can save to the USB your gamesaves so when they return nothing's lost (though you'll need the same Nintendo ID, I think).

That Wii U seems to have some power loss.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have a question. I recently purchased the Wii U and it came with Mario 3D World preinstalled which I have been playing. I have passed the first world and on to the next one in the game, but recently (the past 2-3 days) in the middle of game play, the system just shuts off. It says that the connection to the consol has been lost and for me to check the connection. I look at the Wii U unit and the light went from blue, to flashing red. Nothing works to turn it back on with the exception of pulling the plug from behind and plugging back in. Then it works for about 2 hours (maybe less) until the next time around the same thing happens.

So, my questions are:
If I decide to return this unit back to the store (still within 30 days) how can I backup my game progress?
What can be the cause of the issue that I am having?

You can't backup your game progress to another Wii U. If you copy your save to a USB drive, it will only work with the same Wii U. One of the main reasons I want homebrew is for a save manager, so you can put your saves on new Wii U's, your PC, and save them to the cloud.

Your Wii U is defective. You don't need to return it to the store. You need to send it in to Nintendo for free warranty repair. You can ask them to transfer your game progress.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

elite-fusion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't backup your game progress to another Wii U. If you copy your save to a USB drive, it will only work with the same Wii U. One of the main reasons I want homebrew is for a save manager, so you can put your saves on new Wii U's, your PC, and save them to the cloud.

Your Wii U is defective. You don't need to return it to the store. You need to send it in to Nintendo for free warranty repair. You can ask them to transfer your game progress.

Great. All I wanted to know. Suck because looks like Wii U is behind the in the race at this point.
As for "no need to return" I rather return it than waste my time with nintendo sending me a new one, its a PITA and dont want to go through the hassle.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can save to the USB your gamesaves so when they return nothing's lost (though you'll need the same Nintendo ID, I think).

That Wii U seems to have some power loss.

Wii U saved games are unfortunately console locked and also mixed in with game data making USB backups basically pointless. (you can't transfer to other console and you need way too much storage to back up saves anyway)

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. All I wanted to know. Suck because looks like Wii U is behind the in the race at this point.
As for "no need to return" I rather return it than waste my time with nintendo sending me a new one, its a PITA and dont want to go through the hassle.

But if you return it, you lose everything. You lose everything you transferred from your Wii including your Wii shop point balance. You lose all your eShop purchases and balance too, don't you? You lose all your saved games. I have hundreds of dollars in purchased games on mine. If all you have is the one game that came with it and only a little bit of progress, I guess this isn't a big deal to you.

My Wii U bricked the first day I had it, the day after launch. So I couldn't return it, because no stores would have had any more in stock. I heard people saying that the Wii U was hard to find this Christmas. Are you sure the store you bought yours from even has a replacement? Do they allow returns without a restocking fee?

Nintendo needs to fix this. Nothing should be console locked. All purchuses and saved games should be stored in your Nintendo Netword ID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc