Game Boy Micro replacement speakers?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Proxy-Pie, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Proxy-Pie
    OP

Proxy-Pie Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2014
    Iceland
    Kafar Qasem, Hamerkaz, Israel
    I've recently been trying to hunt down a Game Boy Micro, the cheapest one I could find + shipping had malfunctioning L and R buttons as well as a broken speaker.
    I've already ordered a couple of new shoulder buttons from here http://www.dx.com/p/repair-parts-replacement-l-r-buttons-switches-for-sp-nds-pair-45106#.VIoCSjGsWao, and I guess that afterwards it's a matter of soldering these 2 in.
    But so far, I can't find anything regarding a replacement speaker. I've checked the unit and the speaker is completely busted, so it's not a matter of loose connection or something like that.

I've seen this: http://www.dx.com/p/008-c-11-inner-...o-ds-lite-ndsl-black-pair-275205#.VIoDJDGsWao, those are DSLite replacement speakers, but seeing as the Micro and the DS Lite share a lot of the buttons/etc., I'd assume that it would work, but I'm not so sure.

I've also seen this: http://www.dx.com/p/repair-parts-re...er-set-for-ndsi-dsi-2-pack-32881#.VIoDDTGsWao, those are DSi speakers, which i've heard are louder.

Anybody have any exprience in this stuff? I really want to fix the GB Micro up. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I'd also like some help in replacing the shoulder buttons.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    [​IMG]

The speakers listed doesn't look the same as the ones in the DSL / DSi. The only way your going to get parts for your micro is to buy broken micros and salvaging parts from those.

3. Proxy-Pie
    OP

Proxy-Pie Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2014
    Iceland
    Now that I think about it, They sure do look like the GBA/DS Phat speakers.
    [​IMG]
    Or is the GBA SP one bigger? Idk..

4. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    I have two Micros, one perfect, one with a broken speaker (I should check it, because I think it's just a loose/broken wire). If it's more than a wire, I'd be interested in knowing how to replace it.

5. Proxy-Pie
    OP

Proxy-Pie Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2014
    Iceland
    I don't think that the GB Micro uses wires for the speakers.

6. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    Hrm. Most of the time that micro only has sound in the headphone jack, but once in a while the speaker works, hence the wire theory..

7. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
    You won't find any wires in a GBM except for the flat flex-cable connecting the D-pad board with the "motherboard" and the wire to the battery.

8. Ads_gbm

Ads_gbm Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    Hi guys. Any info on the speakers? Got a faulty GBM and would like to know if I could replace the speaker with a DS one. Thanks!

9. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    The Micro speaker is smaller than the SP one.

10. allann1

allann1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    United States
    Has anyone got anything for the gameboy micro speaker? I got one and the speaker sounds like it's been punctured

11. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    Buy a broken one from ebay and scavenge it for parts. Nintendo won't sell you anything listed as EOL (End of Life) products.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice