Fully Bricked??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xbillion101, Sep 9, 2009.

Sep 9, 2009

Fully Bricked?? by xbillion101 at 12:18 PM (1,470 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. xbillion101
    OP

Newcomer xbillion101 Member

Australia
    Now please dont get me wrong i'm not a noob at this. I tried to install the IOS60 patch and when i restarted i got corrupt file system. So i loaded up preloader and opened HBC and uninstalled the wad like i usually do if this happends. BIG mistake, This wad completely uninstalled IOS60 witch i didnt even know WADmanager could do. I restarted my wii and now im stuck on a black screen. Now preloader runs on IOS60 so that will not load up. I couldn't install bootmii as Boot2 so i had no choice but to install it as an IOS. Yes i DID back up my NAND and do have it on my computer saved. I do understand why this is happening and i know that i should NEVER uninstall an IOS no mater what but this was a complete accident. I pretty much did the only thing that preloader can not recover from (Figures). So what i wanted to know is if there is any possible way to recover this wii or do i have to send it to nintendo.

Thanks regards Xbillion.

2. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Why is everyone saying 'Never delete a IOS'.

I've done it a few time with different IOSs in the past.

I've not bricked any Wii. (Neither on these LU64+ Wii's)

You just gotta know what you are doing. And as I never bricked.. I think I do know what I'm doing. (Yes, even before Preloader or BootMii.)

Anyways,
    You said you have a NAND Backup.

What type of NAND dump it is?

Than you may need to convert it to a other type or pack it up but..
    More important is: can restore it?
    BootMii Boot2?
    Infectus + USB Programmer?
    Any other Programmer, which can write to the Wii's NAND?

That's your only hope I guess.. next to sending it to Nintendo / Buying a new one.

3. wiistarter

Member wiistarter GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

So you are not a noob but did not know what wad manager could and could not do. You did not know that you NEVER uninstall an IOS (especially 60 there are warnings on here at almost every "my wii is bricked" thread)

Basically your totally bricked with maybe the exception of some sort of rescue disk option but I think thats only possible with a modchip

4. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    ok.. i am in some way a noob for doing what a did. But it was a complete accident.

the wiis NAND dump is a nand.bin and a keys.bin file.

Yeh i think ill try to send it too nintendo. It's still in it's warranty, But if they refuse to fix it ill try an infectus chip if i have too. I'm just so upset im usually so careful.

5. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    From my guide:

"I'll write more on this a bit later, but for now I'll throw in a little skit about a way FAR too many people seem to be bricking their Wii's nowadays.

Noob: I'm on 4.1 and just installed some sort of IOS60something.wad and it said my system menu was corrupt when I booted my system menu, so should I load up preloader and uninstall that wad with Wa*SLAPS Noob upside the head with a large trout*

Nabster: NO! Uninstalling something involving IOS60 while being on 4.0/4.1 will brick your Wii BEYOND RECOVERY. DO NOT DO THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Your system menu on 4.0/4.1 runs off of IOS60. Preloader runs off of IOS60, guess what happens when you remove IOS60...mmhmm NOTHING works anymore. So DO NOT UNINSTALL/DELETE IOS30,IOS50,IOS60, OR ANY SYSTEM MENU WAD'S."

It seems my trout was not fast enough for your face. You were SUPPOSED to load up preloader and the HBC and REINSTALL preloader, not delete the only thing keeping your Wii alive.

And to adr990, people say never delete an IOS because there is never really any good reason to do so especially when you don't know what you're dealing with. IOS's install over eachother. No reason to delete and reinstall one (or just delete it and fuck yourself over like this)

6. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    thanks for the reply guess i am a noob. So only way is to send of too Nintendo sigh... thanks

7. aabbccdd

Member aabbccdd GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    You can get a nand programmer too.

8. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    i wonder where i would find a NAND programmer lol. It's not someone a come across on a day to day basis lol.

9. Cmurda187

Member Cmurda187 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I guess no one reads up on these things before hacking their wii anymore. When I started hacking the wiis I did numerous hours of reading through the stickies and threads so that I would make my wii into a $250 paper weight. And knock on wood I have never bricked either of my wiis. It seems that everyday there is some new post on bricking a wii. Damn if people would just slow down and read everthing first and then read everything again chances are no brick. There are numerous post on here stating do not uninstall any ioses. It cannot be any clearer than that. Well since you are fully bricked if there is any chance of starting Bootmii I would go ahead and try to restore you nand even though it is not advised if installed as an ios but at this point what have you got to lose. You may get luck and it may work. Next time do your homework.

10. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    hell, its not even a someone at all.

11. aabbccdd

Member aabbccdd GBAtemp Regular

Finland
  12. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    well..... the thing is i did read. I know not to uninstall IOS's. The thing is i thought i just installed a patch.. A PATCH... so when i went to uninstall it i had no idear it would uninstall the whole IOS60. It was a very simple mistake to make... i did read a lot. I'm gonna send the wii in and say i tried to update it and now it wont turn on. HOPEFULLY they'll repair it [​IMG] otherwise ill have to try the infectus chip as a last resort.

13. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Normally, you don't install a patch, you install a patched version of an IOS. If you used a Wad Manager-type program, you basically installed over your old IOS 60.
    If you send your Wii back to Nintendo, be prepared to pay almost the full cost of your Wii for repairs. Just buy an Infectus like everyone else here said, and pay a buddy to solder it in for you. Problem solved.

14. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    yeh, the only problem is how to i fix my wii with the infectus chip? will i have to reinstall my NAND through it?

15. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Yeah, you'll use the backup you made. The chip should come with instructions, or there will be a link online from the site you buy one from.

16. OzModChips

Member OzModChips GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    we have infectus 2.0 in stock if you want it

17. xbillion101
    OP

Australia
    Really? How much is it. And would you be able to cut me a special deal maybe? i would appreciate it [​IMG]