Gaming Full Wii Memory?

giacomo1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, I'll explain the very strange problem of my Wii.
the message comes out to me during the start of a game:
"There is not enough free space in the Wii console's memory.
to create space, go to the data management screen and delete some data or transfer it to an SD card "
but the strange thing is that when I go to see there are still 393 free blocks !!!
then I do not understand why I get that message because there is still a lot of space left!
please can you help me? what may have happened? what can I do to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which game, and how do you start your game ?
from official disc channel on your system menu ? from an installed channel on your system menu ? or from the SD menu ? or from a game loader?
if it's from a USBLoader, did you enable "emuNAND" option by mistake?

EmuNAND is an option to redirect your NAND to SD or USB, so the save of your game is stored there instead of the console. But some game incorrectly detect "too much free space" (like 2TB) as bad and displays that message.
You didn't mention any USBLoader, so maybe you don't use any.

If it's a game located on the SD menu, then maybe it's a big game? (I don't know how much block a game can be).
The SD menu doesn't launch the game directly from the SD.
it needs to copy the full game into the internal memory, and then launch the game. the copy is not visible on the system menu, it's hidden. if you launch another SD game, it deletes the temporary hidden copied game to make space and copy the new one.
Maybe your game is too big to be transferred to internal ?

Edit:
I think the max Wiiware game size is 40MB, which is 320blocks, so it should fit your free space.
393 blocks are around 49MB free.

Last edited by Cyan,

giacomo1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I do not understand what happened I have 1200 free blocks and always tells me that there is not enough space in the wii memory.
use wiiflow with emulators and for the salvage of wii games I do not use the nand emulated but the real one.
What can it be? I do not understand .. :(

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
393 blocks is only about 3MB out of 512MB. Your memory is just full. The system menu tries to ensure there's enough working memory to function.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself