Frotz 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by NuikopeaDemon, Sep 11, 2015.

1. NuikopeaDemon
    OP

NuikopeaDemon Hello Darkness

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    I am curious to know if it's possible for someone to make a Frotz 3DS Port?

Because I would love to play the OLD SCHOOL Text Adventure Games on my 3DS

Especially..... ZORK!!!!

2. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    Funny you mention that, I was digging around in my garage today and found a lone diskette. Zork I for C64 :P.

HaloEffect17 and NuikopeaDemon like this.
  3. NuikopeaDemon
    OP

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    Niiiiiiice :D

xyzzy
    "A hollow voice says 'fool'"

Last edited by NuikopeaDemon, Sep 11, 2015
    bache likes this.
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Definitely possible.

NuikopeaDemon likes this.
  5. TheCruel

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    I was thinking about this, but while I love IF games, I wouldn't want to do it on touchscreen, especially the 3ds. So I'm not motivated to do it.

I made a "multiplayer" IF system for the web a couple years ago. A little glitchy, but you can check it out: http://if.cruels.net/?room=Zork

I'll be on it for a little while :P (preface comment with a period, e.g. ".hello" to talk without issuing command)

Guess it could be cool to make a 3ds client for this multiplayer server/

6. teampleb

teampleb BAH! DED! X_X

Banned
    Aug 26, 2015
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Dooooo it. I'd love you forever. B)

7. chaser

chaser Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2005
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I thought I was really in luck when I found this thread!

Frotz on 3DS would be soooo cool - especially to get zork running. I just tried to covert the old .gba version to .cia, but that didn't work for me. I did a bit of searching and also found another interpreter called gargolye that is being actively maintained. That would be another good one for conversion to 3DS, as it also does a-code interpretation (Level 9 adventures)!

Here's hoping that some day someone with more skills than me will be able and motivated to port a text adventure app to the 3DS system :)

NuikopeaDemon likes this.
  8. NuikopeaDemon
    OP

Sep 3, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hastings
    I bloody hope someone can do this !!! I used to have a bunch of Text Adventure games I used to play never completed them because I was still new to them but I mean a Z machine shouldn't be that hard to port over .... I mean we have all kinds of stuff now if someone can get this done I would have a lot of Text adventure games to play

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also don't be sorry I'm surprised I'm not the only one who wants this considering I made this thread a long time ago