Homebrew Question Fresh install not working.

Deejbot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone. So, I had my switch on 10.0.2 for the past couple of months and everything was fine, downloaded games worked, gamecard installer NX worked. Then yesterday, a friend of mine told me that I should update my atmosphere and my switch. So, stupid me, I updated my switch and atmosphere to 10.1 and 14.1 respectively. That's when all hell broke loose. None of my games work anymore. I even went as far as completely reformatting my SD card with guiformat and redoing the backup eMMC, creating a partition, and emuMMC.

I can launch the CFW just fine. But gamecardinstaller NX always gives me a corrupted data error now when I try to launch any game that I install from a cart. My downloaded games that I redownloaded after all this work fine on vanilla switch but when I launch CFW it tells me I have to download them again. Also, I saw a thing online from someone having similar issues saying to try to do the updates from the HBG shop and when I launched the .nro it went to a black screen for 5 seconds, and now on the main dashboard I have a gray box with a spinning circle in it that says "could not start the software whenever I click on it.

I know this is a lot and probably a stupidly easy fix but I'm just at my wit's end. I've spent about 16 hours on this and its time to reach out for help. Thanks for any help you guys can provide

Deejbot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's true what they say, not all heroes wear capes. I tried a fresh install and tried what you said and it works now! Thanks so much!

Last edited by Deejbot,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hii