Freeze on loading

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Upas, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Upas
    OP

Upas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    United States
    Washington, DC
    I have a new Acekard 2.1, and I put AKAIO 1.5.1 on it.

I've updated everything, followed the wiki instructions to setup, etc. but my Acekard doesn't load ANY DS games.

It runs homebrew fine, games simply don't work. I've tried many games, and none seem to work.

I thought it might be a save issue, so I deleted all my sav files, but still no luck.

Any thoughts?

2. XWolf

XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2009
    Does it work with the official fw?

3. Danny Tanner

Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2009
    United States
    New York
    I would try reinstalling the loaders. The generic answer that many people give (but also seems to work) is reformatting your card.

I don't remember if the 1.5.1 setup included the newest loaders or if I had to bring them in separately, but I'm pretty sure they came with it. Just my best guess.

4. Upas
    OP

Upas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    United States
    Washington, DC
    It seems to have the same problem with the official Fw. Did I get a bad AceKard?

5. penthaler

penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2009
    mystique
    Format your card, after that put on it

--- __aio (folder)
    --- akmenu.nds

and latest loaders to __aio/loaders/

After that fresh ROMS without any save etc, and set up AKAIO sav files to NDS.SAV and try enable / disable DS DONWLOAD PLAY/SOFT RESET/CHEATS...

EDIT: Did the AKAIO SHOWS YOU SOMETHING LIKE - UNSUPORTED DEVICE? Maybe you got FAKE AK

6. Upas
    OP

Upas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    United States
    Washington, DC
    Nope, the AKAIO looks normal, and doesn't say anything about an unsupported device. I'm using a Class 6 ADATA MicroSDHC 4 Gig card, if that makes any difference.

7. Makoto03

Makoto03 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2008
    United States
    North Carolina
    I've found that my Acekard 2 sometimes freezes completely and becomes unplayable when i load certain skins. I had to erase 3 different skins now.