Freeshop bugged?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YourHero, Jun 26, 2016.

1. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I was wondering if anyone was having issues with Freeshop since the last update? The app just freezes my 3DS lately. Or randomly suspends.

2. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    Just reinstall the .cia and get the latest enctitlekey.bin. Then put the .bin file in the freeShop folder.

3. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    That didn't help. My downloads just quit randomly. And nothing seems to make it work again. I get to around 10% of 300mb download and its locked up.

4. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
  5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    sounds like nintendo has partly blocked you from using their download servers (yes, the freeshop uses nintendos cdn server).

6. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I've hardly used my 3DS in ages. I downloaded like, 3 games off Freeshop a while back but thats about it. Couldn't think of a reason why that would be the case. Can they tell if people use freeshop? You think?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I figured out the issue. It's my wifi extender. For some reason even though no other device is having an issue my 3DS is. Connecting to the router directly solved it. Not sure why. my phone gets 40/10 speedtest over the extender with no issues. Guess I'll find another way to get wifi on this side of the house. Maybe plug an old router into my switch.