Free McBoot issues Error 301 or 300 (no internet on pc)

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by npiet1, Jul 31, 2019.

1. npiet1
    OP

npiet1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Australia
    Hi.
    I got my copy of McBoot on memory card today and I've been trying to play ps2 games over SMB.

I get an error 300 if I set a static IP on my PC (win 10) however my internet cuts out. I still don't have games but it looks connected.
    I get an error 301 if I don't set a static IP.
    I can see my PS2 on my modem/router but it's only shows it when I look into the port itself but I cannont see it on the front page of the router in the Ethernet section and the light is on, on the pack of the router

I edit my PS2 and it won't let me change it now.
    -Ps2- (THIS IS ALL WHITE NO EDIT BESIDES SPEED)
    IP- 10.0.0.6
    Mask- 255.255.255.0
    Gateway - 10.0.0.138
    Ethernet speed - Auto

-PC-
    IP - 10.0.0.21 (The static on the router_
    Port- 445 (opened in firewall on windows 10)

Share- PS2 roms
    User - Guest
    Password- (BLANK)

Last edited by npiet1, Jul 31, 2019
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Did you use OPL (open PS2 Loader) for playing games over SMB on your PlayStation 2 ?

If yes then please check to following settings:

BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING PLEASE WRITE DOWN YOUR SETTINGS !!! IN CASE SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY YOU CAN REVERSE ALL SETTINGS !! Thank you.:)

- The shared Folder on your PC is usually named "'PS2SMB" (not the main reason but it can be)
    - If you have a USERNAME and PASSWORD on Windows 10 Log on please enter it on OPL otherwise you have to disable this feature it in your Network settings (sorry I only have windows 7 but it is similar in Windows 10)

7_settings.

- in OPL please look under Network settings:

If your router has an IP address like 192.168.1.1, then this is how your parameters will change:
    – PS2 –
    IP: 192.168.1.10
    MASK: 255.255.255.0
    GW: 192.168.1.1
    – PC –
    IP: 192.168.1.2 (If using crossover cable, your static IP address of PC is 192.168.1.2.
    Using the router method, then make sure the PC IP address matches what your router assigns your PC).
    PORT: 445
    SHARE NAME: PS2SMB

Maybe this helps a little for you.

Good Luck.:)

3. npiet1
    OP

npiet1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yeah my gateway is 10.0.0.138, so I've configured it for it and I've disable the password. I renamed It to PS2DMB Still nothing. I cannot even recreate the 300 error. It's just 301.

4. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you for your reply.:)

Can you try to connect your PC and PlayStation DIRECTLY without the Router please ?
    (I have tried it with an Netgear Router and failed to get an IP - after connected directly all works),

5. npiet1
    OP

npiet1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Australia
    Thanks. I tried, my PC shows it's connected to a network and sending data but still error 301.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I got it, I had to install SMB 1.0 on windows 10 in features. Now I just have to get my games to show. They are .iso is that wrong?

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Congratulations !!!

Not really the ISO.:)
    You have to use the Tool USBUtil v2.00 (please use this one,the newer one is a little "unreliable".)
    With this you can get your ISO in the HDD format into your SMB shared PC Folder and then you can play it with the openPS2 Loader.

Good Luck and have fun now.:yay:

7. npiet1
    OP

npiet1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Australia
    Ah. Thank you so much, you've been very helpful.

8. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    I do this yesterday for my own.Only to know how this works and how fast it is.
    I still prefer the HDD Adapter solution.But now I do not have to pull the HDD everytime out/in and on the PC when I put games on it.For THAT is the Network the easier solution.:)

npiet1 likes this.
  9. npiet1
    OP

npiet1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Australia
    I have a slim, so I don't think I can use a HDD except for the portable one with its own power supply, which is a shame because I've few HDD's from friends old set top boxes.

10. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thats the cheapest and easiest solution for your PlayStation Model I think (USB is to slow).
    I wish you a great time with it now and fun on gaming.:yay:

npiet1 likes this.
  11. npiet1
    OP

npiet1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Australia
    To anyone that comes across wondering about .iso you can use them, they just need to be named properly. I used EzISORenamer it changes them all for you.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted