Free Digital Copy with Physical?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by UnseenHero, Apr 13, 2013.

Apr 13, 2013
  1. UnseenHero
    OP

Member UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Canada
    Hello my fellow tempers.

Many friends of mine have told me of a rumour where if you have physical copy of your game it is also possible to get the digital copy. I have researched it and the closest thing I found to an answer is that the 3DS has to be linked with your Club Nintendo account and the games code has to be put in.

I have put in the code for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Gates to Infinity but yet when I go to the eShop there is no way of getting the digital copy. So have any of you heard of this or done this? If so how.

2. TyBlood13

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    No, your friends are a bunch of trolls. Nintendo would never do that as you would probably just sell your physical copy and thus technically get the digital version free.

xwatchmanx and porkiewpyne like this.
  3. beta4attack

Member beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    There's no way you can do that. Maybe they meant the promotion which if you register a 3DS XL with Luigi Mansion or PMD you get a free game from the eShop. (Freaky Forms, Professor Layton, 3D Mario Land, Art Academy... and I don't remember the rest)

porkiewpyne likes this.
  4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Personally I think you should brutally murder your friends for deceiving you.

xwatchmanx, ekko25, avran89 and 3 others like this.
  5. UnseenHero
    OP

Member UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Canada
    I think this is what they meant. MY friends got Luigi's Mansion and where trying to get a digital copy. Thus I think that they must've thought you got a free game for Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon without the purchases of the 3DSXL.

If they were purposely deceiving me I shall.

xwatchmanx likes this.