Fraps or Bandicam?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Aijelsop, Jan 13, 2012.

Jan 13, 2012

Fraps or Bandicam? by Aijelsop at 9:20 PM (728 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    I am tired of using non-game recorders for gaming. Which do I choose?
    I don't want to pay...
    I have a few questions though.

1. Fraps can record 30 seconds on free version. Can I at 30 seconds instantly start a second video and put them together in a video editor, like it never stopped recording?

2. Bandicam, how long are the free version recording times?

I'd rather not have the bandicam.com watermark, but if bandicam is better than fraps, I'll deal with it.

Your preferences?

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I recommend using a licensed version of FRAPS (or look for a "Fosi" release).
    There are tons of tutorials out there for using FRAPS, merging, editing, and whatnot. It's the only recording software I've ever used. I personally paid for it back in like 2004 for taking higher resolution screenshots in FFXI, but don't have access to my former email address anymore. I don't think it was ~$40 back then either. :glare:

I believe recording is also possible using community clients like XFire but I've never used those features. And I have never used Bandicam so I can't say anything with confidence regarding it.

edit: and to answer your question, I've never tried to hit the record button every 30-31 seconds while playing a game, sounds like a magnificent pain in the ass. I don't know if you can do that with the free version.

3. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    Thanks for the reply. However I went with bandicam, because there is a 10 minute record time for free version.

4. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Solution: Use Fraps because it's better, and pirate it like a smart person.
    Free full version anyone? I think so.

2 people like this.
  5. king_leo

Member king_leo Real Hero

Australia
    Yeah, Find any way to get fraps, For what they made it to do, it works perfectly, bandicam is laggy, dodge, and i hate it really. all and all just get fraps