Foundmy Wiikey 2 Solution problem! Please help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SpikeyBryan, Nov 30, 2008.

Nov 30, 2008
  1. SpikeyBryan
    OP

Member SpikeyBryan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Aghhh, Today I got my Wiikey 2 with a wiiclip and their V4C-A solution from foundmy. I was able to open up my wii and install the Chip okay, but when I put the drive back into the wii, and any kind of pressure at all causes the wii to shut down. Is there something I did wrong? I used the paper insulation they gave with it and I know it works because I tried it out before trying to close it. I also tried removing the chip and then replacing the drive, and it was still able to boot, so I know for sure it is a problem with the chip... Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. SpikeyBryan
    OP

United States
    Ahhh, I already fried my Red LED on the front, but the green one is still working so I guess I'm okay, is there any way to fix that too? T~T

3. SpikeyBryan
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] No one knows what's wrong? T~T. Upon further experimentation, I find that there is an ever so slight click whenever it shuts down... But it doesn't turn off the wii unless it's in the drive, I'm thinking that there may be an issue with the fact that the Chip is not covered in it's entirety by the paper insulation, therefore when a piece of the chip that is metal touches the wii the entire wii turns off (because of the metal area where the drive is supposed to rest) Would covering it up with electrical tape do the trick? By the way, I have a launch wii.

4. SpikeyBryan
    OP

United States
    Haha, thanks if you looked and were concerned, I fixed it myself 8D. I extended the paper insulation with a note card I covered with electrical tape and it was extended just far enough to cover the entire chip, and it works now! Hooray! [​IMG]