Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DreamSNES and Obsidian alone are worth it.

like 600 sega games on a cd-r and 500 snes games on a cd-r. no modding needed to play em. No money spent on virtual console ever again.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
But... why? The dreamcast's almost perfectly emulated on PC, only you can squeeze better resolutions. AND you don't need to burn CDs, as chankast can use isos.

not everyone has a top of the range powerhouse PC to run dreamcast games on their PC.

as for the OP finding a dreamcast, lucky you, it's a great console and i've had mine for years now, but why would you consider selling it?
If by "top of the range powerhouse" you mean "three year old machine", then yeah, I agree.
I much prefer playing Jet Set Radio in 1024x780 than on TV. Anyway, do whatever you want!

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
If by "top of the range powerhouse" you mean "three year old machine", then yeah, I agree.
I much prefer playing Jet Set Radio in 1024x780 than on TV. Anyway, do whatever you want!

[/quote]

What are the system requirements for DC emulation? I have a dreamcast and a VGA box but I'm interested in the idea of playing DC games on my PC.

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400
biggrin.gif

2GB Ram
biggrin.gif

ATI Radeon X1300 256 MB
frown.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
But... why? The dreamcast's almost perfectly emulated on PC, only you can squeeze better resolutions. AND you don't need to burn CDs, as chankast can use isos.

not everyone has a top of the range powerhouse PC to run dreamcast games on their PC.

as for the OP finding a dreamcast, lucky you, it's a great console and i've had mine for years now, but why would you consider selling it?

PowerHouse? a PC with 512MB of RAM and as Geforce 5 Series can emulate the Dreamcast with good framerates.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

[/quote]

What are the system requirements for DC emulation? I have a dreamcast and a VGA box but I'm interested in the idea of playing DC games on my PC.

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400
biggrin.gif

2GB Ram
biggrin.gif

ATI Radeon X1300 256 MB
frown.gif

[/quote]

Get an 8800GT if you can spend that much money or if you want to stay with ATI get an X1950 Pro

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can pick up a dreamcast now for £10. Why would you want to run an emulator on the PC? I don't know how far the dreamcast emulator has come, but last time I used it loads of games wouldn't work.

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I got cables etc. for it today... Plugged it all in, and it booted to the menu. I was so happy I put in a disc closed the lid... Nothing happened! On further inspection I think the motor that spins the disc doesn't work... Anything I can do to fix this or do I need a new console?
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...