Found an ACE3DS Plus card, can I make it work?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Uncommon, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Uncommon
    OP

Uncommon Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2011
    United States
    My only experience with rom cartridges dates back to the original DS, so I ask for patience ahead of time. My post history can attest that I was bad at this then, and bad at it now.

Things I've read on thus far:
    • Cyan's noob megathread, and most of the threads linked in Qtis's directory
    • A few emulator zone threads
    • Some awkward websites that came up in google, all ranging from 2011-2013
    • 3DS Flashcart comparison thread, which doesn't even have this relic listed
    • A thread from here discussing ACE3DS Plus from 2012, with the latest page talking about how the flashcart's website now leads to a russian farmville clone, which it doesn't. That's about where my confusion escalated: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ace3ds-plus-review.331160/
    • Links inside that thread given by a scary furry. Still reading those, as it's 18+ pages of unrelated stuff.
    • I won't directly link said website just in case it's frowned upon, but it's literally ACE3DS. With a com.

Now with that in mind, this is everything I have as far as information. My cousin owns a 3DS that he no longer plays (the man owns basically every video game system), and with it I found an old ACE3DS Plus card he no longer cares for. No SD card inside, but that's an easy fix. So here's my questions:

• Is there any old 2DS/3DS game systems I can buy that would still be able to make this thing work, so I don't have to worry about upgrading/downgrading/whatever people here put you on the steak over.
    • Is there any available CFW/CIA, whatever we call it now, that would even support this flashcard?
    • If there are answers to both those questions, are there any certain games I wouldn't be able to play on it anyway?

If you can reply to this redundant thread with some links to read, that's fine by me. As long as it's kept under a dozen. Thank you for the help.

And yes, if you tell me "This card will no longer work on any 3DS at all ever, sorry", I can ACTUALLY accept that answer. Mostly on the grounds that I didn't have to pay money and wait for this card to be shipped to be. That makes it a lot easier, as you can imagine, to just buy a new card if need be. But if I don't need to, well....here I am.

Last edited by Uncommon, Nov 23, 2016
  2. Sharruken

Sharruken Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Canada
    I'm remembering reading somewhere on here that it's possible to use old DS cards with CFW, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding the specific thread that I found it on unfortunately, I'll keep looking and edit in the link to the thread if I can find it

EDIT: I couldn't find the thread that was talking about it, though I did just confirm my DSTWO works just fine without any sort of updating or anything on A9LH + Luma3DS 6.6 updated to latest firmware, so... https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ for the CFW, though I can't say 100% that it will work with your card unfortunately, as I don't really know enough on the subject

Last edited by Sharruken, Nov 23, 2016
    Uncommon likes this.
  3. tvall

tvall GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2014
    United States
    nintendo hasnt blocked any ds mode flash carts in a while. various resellers says that cart supports 3ds firmware 10.7, so it will probably work in any 3ds.

some cfw on the 3ds disable the whitelist and checks for older ds cards to work. but thats probably not needed for this one.