Hacking Formatting without GUIformat?

Yuuseia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
My computer just lets me right click my SD card and change the format to FAT32 without any programs. I’m having trouble with GUIformat, so can I just do this instead?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

My computer just lets me right click my SD card and change the format to FAT32 without any programs. I’m having trouble with GUIformat, so can I just do this instead?

Yes,if it is FAT32 then it is ok.Please do not use exFat please.:)
But maybe you should check your Card first with
H2testw

Please do it 2-3 Times,maybe your Card has some "Issues" because you said
I’m having trouble with GUIformat

Otherwise your Card is maybe not working reliable and fails with Time.:)

Thank you.:)

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your sd card is 32 gb or less, then sure use your computer.

If it's larger than 32 gb try it, your computer won't let you. It will make you choose exfat or ntfs. Fat32 over 32 gb requires a program like Guiformat but there are others.

Yuuseia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oh, that makes sense. I was actually using a 256MB card just to test it before I buy a 64GB one. Thing is, my computer is very old so that’s probably why I have trouble these types of programs. I guess I’ll just use a 32GB one.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also try this program https://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

If you're just using it to install games 32 gb is perfectly fine as long as you install no more than 1 game at a time as the biggest game I think is Xenoblade Chronicles X like 20 gb. If you're trying to actual play games off the sd card you should get bigger. Hopefully you have an external hard drive that you're wanting to use to play the games not the sd card.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

Yuuseia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I’m actually using it for Wii U and I’m only interested in GameCube games really. You think 32 will be enough for that?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you don't care about Wii U or Wii games? Gamecube games are a little over 1 gb per disc so you could fit about 25 games if that's all you care about.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"