flickering screen while closed with akaio

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by tuckman454, Jul 14, 2009.

Jul 14, 2009
  1. tuckman454
    OP

Newcomer tuckman454 Newbie

United States
    My DSi is flickering while its closed and playing games, but not in the Akaio program itself.
    im not sure what the cause is, and after searching a few other sites have been unable to find anyone else with the same complaint,
    but im still fairly novice at this flashcard stuff

im running akaio 1.4.1 with the most recent loader, which fixed the problems i was having with a few particular games,
    but introduced this problem. its on a acekard 2i using a DSi with its firmware updated as well

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    While closed, how can you tell your screen flickers?

3. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Because you can open it just a little and see.

4. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    No clue. When I close the lid, the screen turns off. When I open it a little, it's still off. Open it fully and screen turns on.

5. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    But instead of turning off his screen seems to be flickering.

6. slone

Newcomer slone Member

Philippines
    Can you try holding the "A" button when you load your game so you can use the "No DMA Mode". While yours flicker, some of our Acekard 2is shuts our Dsi off when we close the lid (can be fix with the no dma mode). See if this works and can I ask what game did you load so if possible I'll try it on my Dsi to see if I can get the flickering thing.

7. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It may be the DS itself that's problematic.

Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own.
    STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
    STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
    STEP 6: Try another DS. If possible.
    STEP 7: Possibly the "GAMES" you have are faulty. You know what to do here...
    STEP 8: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.