Hardware Flatmii Iso question

skippy911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a flatmii and have recently started to backup my games to iso format. I found wiiscrubber, but it just generates a file the same exact size as the original iso. I know that this generated iso can be shrunk down using winrar or some other compression software, but I would like to have just the shrunk iso ready to load using flatmii. Is there a software out there to do that? I searched for wii iso compression, shrink, etc, but they all point back to wiiscrubber. Any help is greatly appreciated.

jaynecobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think you can run a compressed iso (cso) on the wii.

i'm pretty sure that the file size has to be 4.7gb for the wii to play the file.

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no there is no program like this. ever wii iso is 4.7 gb, except ssbb and a strange japanes game
but there is a program to put more than one game in one iso. wiscrubber 1.4
just look here. maybe you can use it with flatmii

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
since not every game has exact the size of 4,3 GB, ninty ads garbage data to make them all the same, but if you scrub your wii games they will be much smaller, but you cant burn them on a disc,
but the flatmii will do this, so you can just leave your games scrubbed

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can mess with smaller isos but you will need to either reconstruct them on the fly or have a wii capable of running fakesigned (trucha bug) code.

You could also pack the scrubbed iso into a compressed iso format and use a disc drive emulator or similar to have it appear to the system.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
after you trim it with wiiscrubber 1.4 you need to make it a multi_iso image to run it thru the multi_iso launcher, go to the thread of wiiscrubber to find more info about it, I think you can totally do what you want...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I have the flatmii chip, wouldnt it function as the disc drive emulator? Also what is this trucha bug thing?

yes it works as if you just insert a game disc in the Wii, but the sysmenu wont read it if the size is modified; the trucha bug is the one that lets the Wii run modified (fakesigned) discs, and it is only present in 3.2 and earlier

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
The other option people have said to do is create a compressed directory or partition and copy the scrubbed files into there. The trucha bug then doesn't come into it
smile.gif

That way the compression is carried out by the operating system and you are, in effect, running a compressed ISO transparently.

I really wouldn't trim the iso as those end up signed, using the compressed folder method - they are left "as is"

comtois

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i trimmed about 20 images and tried them all on my FlatMii, but none of them booted. at the disc channel the discs would just spin and spin and i would have to hold down the reset button to turn the wii off. full sized images seem to work fine.

the other thing i noticed was that my wii music iso trimmed down to under 200MB, but i thought the scrubbed version was something like 500MB? is the trimmer not working right?

perhaps the best thing to do is just scrub them and put them all in a compressed folder like Dack suggested.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
What IOS were you running? As 'trimmed' isos are trucha signed you must have a 3.2 or earlier version. Scrubbed ones don't have that limitation.

Also Trimmed ISOs have the update partition removed and the data partiton moved down to 0x50000 - a standard update partition takes about 200 Meg so it sounds about right for WiiMusic.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dack said:
The other option people have said to do is create a compressed directory or partition and copy the scrubbed files into there. The trucha bug then doesn't come into it
smile.gif

That way the compression is carried out by the operating system and you are, in effect, running a compressed ISO transparently.

I really wouldn't trim the iso as those end up signed, using the compressed folder method - they are left "as is"

Ok i just got a flatmii and was wondering if you could give me a step by step?

I am running 3.3u safe and have wiiscrubber 1.3. Do i need 1.4 for this method?

When I create a compressed directory and copy the scrubbed files there, do i compress them first(rar)? or leave them iso's?

Thanks from the noob.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
you can do it with 1.31 or 1.4. Just move the scrubbed but uncompressed iso's into the folder. The operating system should take care of the rest.

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
Didnt want to start a new thread about my Flatmii question, but is it possible to go online and play games safely (or atleast more safe than other modchips) with flatmii running the game, i would think that just running a retail game from a dvd would not give me any problems whatsoever even if i have flatmii installed. And since the wii itself doesnt see the flatmii-run game as anything but a retail disc, i thought that online play would be possible.

The reason i ask isnt so that i never would need to buy any games, but so that i could maybe have all my games as ISOs and just run them that way.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as the wii is concerned the flatmii is a drive and all tests indicate it is near flawless.

Also to my knowledge nobody has been banned, at all, from the wii wifi let alone for modchips with 1:1 images.
Also as we near enough totally own the wii these days unbanning should not be too difficult even if it could/did happen.

Slipurson

Trophies
Website
www.slipurson.nu
XP
Country
Yeah i guessed as much, and its not like Nintendo seem to focus at all on banning WiFi using DSppl, even if the Roms are patched and whatnot.

So i think ill just make some backups of my originals and put them in a closet until they are worth something
wink.gif

cup9192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, let me get this straight.

If I have a scrubbed iso, it will run with flatmii, regardless of which IOS I am using, as long as the .iso is stored in a compressed directory?

Sorry, I'm a noob, too; I appreciate your patience, guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol