Hacking Flashing to bypass region lock

fuurious420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,

I bought a N3DS XL in the USA. I'm now back in Germany and my gf bought me some games for it, and only then I found out about the idiotic region lock on the console.
So, I want to install a CFW to bypass region lock and read about it on 3DSguide, I'm currently on Version 11.5.0, and now looking forward to buy the right flashcard. On the guide and in the forum here people said that you should get the R4i GOLD 3DS RTS. But because I can't get one in germany (neither online nor localy, also tried ebay), I'll have to pay 20$ for the shipping on nds-card , so I want to be absolutely sure I get the right one. Furthermore, if at some point I want to play any new games e.g. the new pokemon, I'll have to download the files and put them on the sd card of the R4i gold, am I right?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers and sorry for those noob questions,

Fuurious420

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I bought a N3DS XL in the USA. I'm now back in Germany and my gf bought me some games for it, and only then I found out about the idiotic region lock on the console.
So, I want to install a CFW to bypass region lock and read about it on 3DSguide, I'm currently on Version 11.5.0, and now looking forward to buy the right flashcard. On the guide and in the forum here people said that you should get the R4i GOLD 3DS RTS. But because I can't get one in germany (neither online nor localy, also tried ebay), I'll have to pay 20$ for the shipping on nds-card , so I want to be absolutely sure I get the right one. Furthermore, if at some point I want to play any new games e.g. the new pokemon, I'll have to download the files and put them on the sd card of the R4i gold, am I right?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers and sorry for those noob questions,

Fuurious420
Unless you want to play old school DS games, the flashcart will only be used to install CFW. To install 3DS games like the new Pokemon game, you will install those directly to the 3DS using FBI to install the cia file or using freeShop to download and install the game, not the flashcart.

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
Shipping to Germany isn't $20 on nds-card.com.
I paid like 18 bucks for the card and another 2-3 for shipping, and it arrived like 10 days later.

As far as your last question is concerned, you can play regular DS games on that flashcard. It won't be able to play 3DS backups, but there are different solutions to this problem (which I won't discuss here; it's just a quick Google search anyway).

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you want to play old school DS games, the flashcart will only be used to install CFW. To install 3DS games like the new Pokemon game, you will install those directly to the 3DS using FBI to install the cia file or using freeShop to download and install the game, not the flashcart.
R4i gold 3ds+ supports you to install B9S/CFW to your 3ds consoles, but itself doesn't play any3 ds roms. The Sky3ds+ does that, however, it is region locking. And if you are in Germany, you can either choose free shipping in nds-card or the dhl/fr-overseas shipment in 3ds-flashcard, the former is cheap but a little slow, the latter is faster but costs you more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night