Hacking Flashcart question.

LittleKyng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s been a long time since I’ve used a flashcart(back when the old DS was in its prime) and there’s a few things involving the 3DS cards I need clarification on.

1) Do they work with any official 3DS firmware? I can never find a clear answer on this and it would be a hassle to hunt for a 3DS that has an old firmware.

2) Must I install custom firmware at some point or can it work with OFW like the old DS? I’d like to not spend money on something that could be killed in an official update.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It’s been a long time since I’ve used a flashcart(back when the old DS was in its prime) and there’s a few things involving the 3DS cards I need clarification on.

1) Do they work with any official 3DS firmware? I can never find a clear answer on this and it would be a hassle to hunt for a 3DS that has an old firmware.

2) Must I install custom firmware at some point or can it work with OFW like the old DS? I’d like to not spend money on something that could be killed in an official update.
Some 3DS flashcards might not work on newer/newest FW.
Suggestion: Buy DS flashcard (almost any would work) and hack your 3ds (on any FW). Then, you can play DS and 3DS games.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on the flashcart most ds flashcarts sold nowadays will work regardless of ofw and sky and stargate (3ds flashcards) will work regardless of ofw as well . . .
its not needed but it is highly recommended . . . cfw this day and age is at a point where nintendo cant remove it with an update period . . . it is easy to install if you get a system 11.3 or under its free to install if 11.4 -11.6 then you will need a 10-20 usd ds flashcart to install cfw

cfw will allow you to play 3ds/ gba/ nes/ snes/ sega/ gb(c)/ dsiware/ (and some) ds games if you want nds roms (efficiently) then you will need a ds flashcart

you can read more about cfw (and how to install it) here 3DS Guide - 3DS Guide

oh and welcome to gbatemp

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh